use command or button during a command

Is it possible to use a command or button when you are drawing something?

For example; I've made a toolbar for changing the polar angle into different angles.

One for 30 degrees, one for .... degrees, etc.

If I am drawing a polyline, and I need to change this angle, I can not use any button from this toolbar, otherwise the command stops.

I can use the polar button to change the angle, at the bottom of the screen, between the other status toggles. I can use these status toggles any time. But because I need to switch very often, it takes a lot of time to use this.

I also want to use the "snapang" command during this (or an other) command.

If I need to change the angle of the polyline, just select 2 magnet points and my angle is oke.

At this moment, I need draw the first part of a polyline, folowing change the snapang angle, draw the second part of the polyline and at last, use "pedit" to join the 2 polyline parts together.

In short;

I want to change my toolbar buttons so I can use them just like the status toggles.

Usable at any time.

Thank for your advice or solution.

If you start a PLINE command you can specify an angle for your next point without breaking the command by typing, for example,

It sounds like you should investigate the options available in, and the use of POLAR SNAPS. :)

You sound like you would like DYNAMIC INPUT(F12) too, which also offers a good selection

of optional customizations in the settings.

Hello SAFeSTer,

I know it's possible to change the polar into 30 degrees by typing

But I do not know every angle I must use in my drawing.

I am working with floor plans of building constructions, a lot of walls ar standing on every floor in my current building. Not every wall is standing in the same angle. It could also be possible a wall has an angle of for example 36.28 degrees.

I can only use the snapang command to draw something in the same angle like the wall.

There is probably a better approach to what you are doing. You might want to consider trying doing it differently and still be lazy.

Can you describe what you are doing?

Is it possible to use a command or button when you are drawing something?.

Yes

For example; I've made a toolbar for changing the polar angle into different angles.

One for 30 degrees, one for .... degrees, etc.

For 30° try ^P'snapang;30 in the macro

If I am drawing a polyline, and I need to change this angle, I can not use any button from this toolbar, otherwise the command stops.

I can use the polar button to change the angle, at the bottom of the screen, between the other status toggles. I can use these status toggles any time. But because I need to switch very often, it takes a lot of time to use this.

I also want to use the "snapang" command during this (or an other) command.

Try ^P'snapang

If I need to change the angle of the polyline, just select 2 magnet points and my angle is oke.

At this moment, I need draw the first part of a polyline, folowing change the snapang angle, draw the second part of the polyline and at last, use "pedit" to join the 2 polyline parts together.

In short;

I want to change my toolbar buttons so I can use them just like the status toggles.

Usable at any time.

Thank for your advice or solution.

For your polar angles use

'POLARANG

note the apostrophe before the sysvar.

Thank you Rkent!

I've put your 'polarang into the macros of my toolbar button.

For example: the macro of my 30 degrees button

^P'ortho;off;'autosnap;63;'polarang;30;

First, the ortho functions goes off, second, my polar function goes on and also the snaps etc, following your part and, at last, the angle.

Thank you very much!

:D