Associative and dynamic text length to a Polyline.

CafeJr

Hi to all,

Please someone knows one lisp to get length of a PL (polyline) and write it above this PL in associative and dynamics form? As the Picture.

If the length is changed the text follow these data.

Thanks in advance.

Associative Length.jpg

Use the field command with the length property .

:unsure:

Thanks Tharwat it works, but it's in separated way, do you know how do it as a linked items? A Polyline with a text showing your length?...

Thanks again.

:unsure:

Thanks Tharwat it works, but it's in separated way,

No it is not , Follow the sequence : Field.Field names.Object.Object type[button]..Property.Length.Ok.Specify Point :)

A Polyline with a text showing your length?...

It should show you the selected object that have Length property and NOT my length :lol:

Good luck .

No it is not , Follow the sequence : Field.Field names.Object.Object type[button]..Property.Length.Ok.Specify Point :)

I'll try it, thanks again!!!...

It should show you the selected object that have Length property and NOT my length :lol:

Good luck .

Opsss... kkkkk sorry about the english!... He he he... I wrote so fast and did not realize it!... He he he...

Edited by CafeJr

Tharwat, it Works!!!... Thanks again!!!...

My Length at Midpoint program will get you most of the way there; you could then use this program to align the text dynamically if necessary.

Thanks LeeMac!!!...

Only a simple ask:

Do you know if has something automatic as a dynamics/associative change, if the length of polyline was modified the it update the length number "on line"?... Because using both way it's necessary do a regen command to update it.

I ask it because I have many polylines at same drawing used to show lengths, if is possible link each text with your specific line it's better to work.

Edited by CafeJr

AutoCAD LT users normally modify dimension style by setting Arrowhead "none"

suppress all lines : "Dim Line 1", "Dim Line 2", "Ext Line 1", "Ext Line 1"

only the dimension text visible & dynamically associative 8)

For coding OP can try the above idea in vLisp which is better than vanilla in this task

however i'm not sure placing text above or below line can be fully automated if the shape is polygonal cw & ccw

$0.02 :)

AutoCAD LT users normally modify dimension style by setting Arrowhead "none"

suppress all lines : "Dim Line 1", "Dim Line 2", "Ext Line 1", "Ext Line 1"

only the dimension text visible & dynamically associative 8)

For coding OP can try the above idea in vLisp which is better than vanilla in this task

however i'm not sure placing text above or below line can be fully automated if the shape is polygonal cw & ccw

$0.02 :)

hanhphuc, I guess it works but for a single line... its usual to do a simple measurements... It's a good tip!!!... I can't find a way to use with a polyline...

Example: pdim by Marko Ribar

which has option to put dim text outside / inside polygon :thumbsup:

Thanks to you and Marko Ribar!... He he he...