Fonts as Question Marks ???? none of the fixes work!

Hi everyone-

I have Hebrew fonts in my files which show up as question marks on my home computer (AutoCAD 2010) but show up fine on my work computer (AutoCAD 2014).

Both computers have the appropriate SHX fonts downloaded and installed in the AutoCAD Fonts folder

Both computers have the respective Fonts folder listed as a Support File Search Path in Options. (ex: Computer:OS (C: ) : Program Files : AutoCAD 2010: Fonts)

Does anyone have any other ideas?:? 2 screenshots attached.

Hebrew fonts appear okay in AutoCAD 2014:

hebrew fonts no question marks.jpg

Fonts are question marks in AutoCAD 2010:

hebrew fonts question marks.jpg

Organic may be correct but I would also question that they are both using the same shx file. They may have the same name but are they identical? A set of question marks often points to a font set without the characters above 127 being included.

Organic-

I looked for a Hebrew language pack to download for AutoCAD 2010 but didn't find one... in any case, I have other Hebrew SHX fonts that DO show up, so what gives?

Dbroada- that's an interesting idea... but I literally copy-and-pasted the same exact SHX font files into both computer's Fonts folder, so how could 1 have the correct SHX and the other not?

Dbroada- that's an interesting idea... but I literally copy-and-pasted the same exact SHX font files into both computer's Fonts folder, so how could 1 have the correct SHX and the other not?
it was just a suggestion. Sometimes an existing file doesn't get overwritten.

One other thing to check, do a (findfile "myFont.shx") to see that the paths are the same.

Hi dbroada- this "findfile" thing- do I type this into the command line on both AutoCADs and see what they say? Is that what you mean?

"One other thing to check, do a (findfile "myFont.shx") to see that the paths are the same."

yes, findfile is a lisp command that will look for a particular file. Change myFont.shx to the font name you are looking for. If it returns "nil" the file can't be found but if the file is found it will return the path to the file. That way you can check that both computers are finding the file in the directory you are expecting.