3D model not plotting correctly.. I am at a loss for words.

rwweber

Hi All--

I am new here, so Hello...

I am at total loss right now. I am working on a 3D depth analysis of a river bed for a BP docking facility. They use these reports to determine when and how they need to dredge. I created a 3D grid system and used splines to represent the bed of the river. I then connected the edges and used the planar network tool to create a wavy closed plane. I would like to plot this to a PDF as a 3D X-ray Wireframe to show the entire model in one clean shot. However, no matter what view style I choose, it only will plot as a 2D wireframe with hidden lines. As a matter of fact, half of the most important edge lines do not even exist in the plot!

I have attached two images. The first is a screen shot of my layout view... this is what I want it to plot like.

The second is of the actual plot. It looks terrible. Its almost unrecognizable.

Are there some settings I need to change, or could this be a hardware issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I need to email these drawings this weekend, and at this point I have no solution.

Thanks!!

ScreenShot.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg

I'm guessing your viewport Shade Plot setting is set to Hidden or Wireframe?

Select your viewport and check its Properties, under the "Misc" section, and make sure "Shade Plot" is set to "Realistic"

Shade Plot.jpg