I am loosing sight of my 3D model when I zoom any help be great please?

IlikeCAD

Dear All,

I have a 3D model on my screen and if I zoom in a lot is disappears, using the arrow to go back does not bring it back neither does zoom extents. My drawing is acting odd and I have no idea where I am going wrong.

If any one can help it would be very much appreciated

Kind regard

Steve

Can you post your drawing here?

If you do a zoom extents and all you see is a blank screen then you probably have objects floating around way off in space somewhere. You will have to find them and delete them, or move them back where they are supposed to be.

Not sure why your model disapears when you zoom in close though? I guess the question is how much are you zooming in, and why do you need to get so close to your model?

I think in 3D, at least in wire frame, you can zoom IN through and past your model. Even if not, you may simply be zoomed into a blank spot. Maybe you should check the value of ZOOMFACTOR. If it is higher than about 60 it is bordering on the upper limits of human reaction time to how fast the screen zooms. The smaller your objects, the more inconvenient a high zoomfactor is.

The model may not be coming back into view as you zoom wheel out because you need to do a regen before the screen can refresh the display. Look at the command line to see if it is telling you that you have zoomed as far as possible.

Zoom extents will trigger a regen if needed, but also, a +1 to the suggestion of errant objects way out in space some place.

You are asking questions that would be muchhhhhhhhhh easier to answer if you attached the actual *.dwg files here that illustrate the problem.

In the end - you will learn much more, much faster, much easier.