Solid hatch print as lines

ocvmelbye

Hi,

Im trying to print a solid hatch inside a room, but on the pdf it shows only like thin lines in a 45 degree angle.

Any tips?

Thanks

Skjermbilde 2015-03-28 kl. 18.31.44.pngpencil.png

Skjermbilde 2015-03-28 kl. 18.31.08.png

Not without more tech info. Which pdf method are you using, for one bit?

Where can I see that kind of information?

Thanks

Where can I see that kind of information?

Thanks

What I meant was. are you using the internal AutoCad dwg to pdf.pc3printer/plotter, or a third party pdf program like CutePDF or some other?

Can you post a dwg file that shows this behavior?

It is also possible that your hatch pattern is not actually solid, but a cross hatch pattern at very very small scale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Dana, Im so sorry

What I meant was. are you using the internal AutoCad dwg to pdf.pc3printer/plotter, or a third party pdf program like CutePDF or some other?

- Im using Autocad dwg to pdf.pc3

Can you post a dwg file that shows this behavior?

-Yes, http://www.filedropper.com/test_51

It is also possible that your hatch pattern is not actually solid, but a cross hatch pattern at very very small scale.

- It says solid.

The file came in as a php file. Not opening it, even if I could.

Im sorry about that. Any suggestions to where I can upload the file?

Lower Right of Quick Reply Box, "Go Advanced" > Manage Attachments > Browse to the .dwg and upload.
That won't help, it's almost 3 meg. Of course, that is the php code file though. Why not use dropbox for the pdf file if it is too big? Some are. Hit the blue "?" button on the attachment manager box for size limits.

All the colored areas is the hatches I have trouble with.

By cleaning up the file. Do you mean to delete all lines so i only have the hatch left?

I mean delete whatever is irrelevant to the problem and -PURGE, so that it is small enough (less than 1MB) to post to CADTutor. I can't access third party sites from my work computer.

Also, post the PDF file.

You still haven't answered if it plots to an actual printer ok.

I found what the direct problem is, among others. You are using the Fillpatterns.ctb plotstyle. Change to the Acad.ctb and the color solids will print fine. By the way, the lineweights are pretty heavy for the scale you are plotting. They are bleeding into each other and making the lines impossible to differentiate. For a drawing this detail intense at 1:150 you should change your default line weight to 0.05mm, since you are using mosty the same lineweight, which is the default. The default lineweight is currently set at 0.25mm. That is thicker than the space between a lot of the lines.

Also, at 8 meg, the dwg took a bit of time to load. I ran Purge, -purge, audit, and Overkill. Overkill erased almost 3,000 overlapping lines and duplicate overlapping objects. It got down to 5.33 meg.

Audit was scary. It found 11 broken blocks so bad they could not be repaired, and were erased by Audit, and it erased a ton of attribute definitions without attributes or blocks. Then, it did something I have never seen before. Audit displayed a message "Program errors detected. It is recommended that you close and restart AutoCad." So, of course I did save, and close AutoCad. When I re-opened the drawing, it was fine. Another run of Audit then, found no errors.

I recommend you run Audit right away. If it tells you to restart AutoCad, save when closing out. That drawing is unstable as it is now.

Then run Overkill to get rid of some of the overlapping duplicate, and stacked linework.

As far as purging, I'd wait until you are done, unless you can dump the 400 or so blocks, a couple hundred custom line types, 180+ unused layers, and dozens of text and dimension styles right away, and then run -PURGE (note the hyphen) and use the All option. DO NOT tell it you want to verify each name, that will take days. Tell it NO.