How to draw this 3d object

rdjavi

I have no idea how to draw a 3d object- leg for table so I need help. The object is shown in the picture and attached to the DWG file. Does anyone have an idea how to draw this leg, upper part of leg is a problem for me?

fawn.jpg

fawn 3D.dwg

I am not on my CAD computer so viewing your drawing ain't gonna happen however I would create the leg as two separate objects: leg and top plate (where the attachment to the table is made). I suspect the leg is tapered so that could be done using a couple of circles and the loft command. The top plate I would create from an extruded side profile. Add the holes. Union the leg and the top plate then fillet where they meet. You got all that? Maybe another forum member will join in the discussion now that you have had a response.

I drew the leg and top plate and the problem is how to connect them because the center of the upper circle of the leg is not in the middle of the top plate.

How is your table coming along? Done yet? Sorry I have not had much chance to respond as I was dealing with a display driver problem which is now hopefully solved.

That should not stop you from trying though. That is what separates the good CAD tech from the rest. You want to be good then challenge yourself to do better.