NotThatKindOfClass message when trying to paste from another acad drawing. Acad 2000

arquitectolevy

How can one avoid the NotThatKindOfClass message when copying a drawing to another sheet? Is there a command that needs to be applied to the file prior to copying?

Found and installed OE from AutoDesk. Must have not been the correct one. There seem to be many OEs; can you narrow downwhat to look for in name?

Drawings come from project manager, 2004 saved down to 2000, and others sent to him in 2012, saved down to 2004 for him to work on, and then on to me for my revisions. I don't control how they're saved. Anything I should suggest?

Will try the TrueView suggestion. Thanks!

As I already mentioned, try using DWG Trueview, I do believe it will take care of the AEC objects.

I always install all OE's available as well as beginning with 2000i there was PROXYWEBSEARCH, set it to 1.

PROXYWEBSEARCH

Specifies how the program checks for object enablers.

Object enablers allow you to display and use custom objects in drawings even when the ObjectARX application that created them is unavailable. PROXYWEBSEARCH is also controlled with the Live Enabler options on the System tab of the Options dialog box.

0 Prevents checking for object enablers

1 Checks for object enablers only if a live Internet connection is present