Loading Project Information via Lisp

jonathann3891

I have a some experience with lisp files and was asked to see if I could come up with a menu that will allow you to select your client and it will automatically load the layers, dim styles, text styles, page setup and insert a titleblock into paperspace.

I havent started to write any code yet, just think of the best way to go about doing so.

I think it would be best to setup a template for each client with layers, etc. and have the lisp load that then insert the titleblock.

Does this sound like the best way to do this, or is there a better way?

I think having either a blank client dwg or DWT will be simplest way. You could do a little script with lisp so that you open the clients dwg and ask for the relevant Title block details. Not sure how many clients you have but you could pick from a Dialouge list that is created from say a simple text file.