• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• BIGAL

• RobDraw

• CADDYNAMIX

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't matter since you cannot LEGALLY purchase either of those versions. You basically have four choices: AutoCAD 2015 / LT 2015 (very limited time) or AutoCAD 2016 / LT 2016 as it was just released.

Do you do any 3D work?

Do you make use of lisp routines?

To (somewhat) answer the question, I still have one user running 2000, and they do not have a dongle requirement. My other users were upgraded to IDSP 2014/2015[/and soon 2016], and they too didn't require any such dongle for 2004 Land Desktop.

In fact, the only product we use that does require a dongle (they call it a hardware lock), is ICPR v3, and the 'new and improved' ICPR v4 not longer requires one, as it is now available for session-based network installations, Hyper-V virtual machines, RDS RemoteApp, etc. *shrug*

Cheers

The only version of AutoCAD that I recall or used that had the dongle was a network version of R13, the dongle went on the server with the licence manager. Then there was the early version of 3D Studio VIZ that required it as well.

Here in Australia Dongles were introduced very early I still have a full R14 including a parallel dongle mind you the port is an extra these days.

We still have dongles for another piece of civil software the only diffrence is that the software is on the dongle so no installation required other than a shortcut, we do share this software a quick throw across the office is the preferred network transfer method.

It doesn't matter since you cannot LEGALLY purchase either of those versions. You basically have four choices: AutoCAD 2015 / LT 2015 (very limited time) or AutoCAD 2016 / LT 2016 as it was just released.

Do you do any 3D work?

Do you make use of lisp routines?

no, you cant legally sell your autocad license of previous versions- but one can give it away, and sell a cd-r that just happens to have autocad on it. gotta love the legal system..:pirate:

so back to the original question: do you know when autodink got so-o-o clever with anul fees and the dongles. I think it was after 2006 or 07. or you gonna be just as clever as them. again...:glare:

yes I use lisp and 3d and all the yummy stuff. I even make my own buttons! juicy UCS buttons that snap the to the view and vice cersa- several version BEFORE the rocket doctors of autoSCAM realized what a good idea that would be..

I suppose you can go ahead and do whatever it is you like regardless of what the EULA states. Plenty of people do exactly that in India and China.

I've been using AutoCAD for quite a while and never had a version that required a dongle but I'm also located in the U.S. Where are you located?

Be careful where you get your next version of AutoCAD from as there are a lot of unscrupulous people out there who will give you a "good deal" until you realize they have your money and you have a worthless CD or DVD.

Unless there's a parallel universe where a different AutoCAD exists, there have been no dongles for AutoCAD from 2000 to present, and there were none in LT97 either.

If I remember correctly, there was a year or two that the installation files could be delivered on a USB drive (dongle).

I have flagged his two posts. The poster simply wants illegal software, and for some reason thinks AutoCAD had dongles at one time (never heard of this). Either way, he/she is here for the wrong reasons.

On further thought, the license manager used to allow temporary transfer of a license via a USB drive to a personal computer, that could be returned or expire.

If I remember correctly, there was a year or two that the installation files could be delivered on a USB drive (dongle).

Never heard anyone refer to a USB drive as a dongle (i.e., USB Drive:Thumb Drive, Dongle:Hard[ware] Lock, etc.), otherwise correct; not sure how early this began following the end of the age of the dongle, but I have Infrastructure Design Suite 2014, and 2015 on Autodesk branded USB drives (previously free of charge, BTW! Grrr).

Cheers

we had dongles (a pass through connector plugged in to the parallel port) for releases R10 to R14 and maybe a little beyond. You needed one dongle for each installation and I think it may have tied the hardware and software together - or that may have been the tale our vendor used to make sure we bought enough seats.

I have many versions of AutoCAD going back to release 9 and none of them required a dongle.

That's because you live in the USA. AutoDesk are much more restrictive in the rest of the world.