Export Coordinate and Discription

jonathann3891

I have a pile drawing that has every pile numbered. Is there a fast way to extract the coordinate of every pile and their number for a pile schedule?

I have thousands of piles to do, and ID-ing them all would take too much time.

I cant think of an easy way to do this :unsure:

If the piles are drawn as blocks and the pile number is an attribute of that block, then Data Extraction will do precisely what you want.

Then if you can guarantee that the pile number is always very close to the circle and that the circle is always the same size or on a unique layer with no other circles on it, then you need a bit of customisation, LISP, VBA or .NET, to filter out the circles and the nearby text. I think I saw a LISP that did that, a long time ago. Check out Lee Mac's web site and see if he has one there. Here's the link: www.lee-mac.com/

Thank you for the help. It was easy to create a simple block and extract the data.

The way they did it at my work was ID them one by one. I knew there was an easier way.