Annotative text/dimensions

jquackenbush

Is there a way to have text and dimensions automatically size themselves?

I am not sure on the scales that I will be using for my viewports in paper space, but I know what size I want my text.

I am not familiar with annotative text. Is there a way that I can have the text a certain size in model space, and then have it change automatically in paper space depending on what scale I use?

Maybe you should just put all your text and dimensions in paper space and forget about annotative scaling if you don't know how to use it or don't want to learn.

It kinda sounds like the OP wants to learn.

It is possible. Annotative scaling is what you are referring to. It can be a tough nut to crack, but once you "get it", you will wonder what took you so long.

That being said you have to figure out if it is indeed the right tool. If you are looking to have the same model space text appear different sizes in multiple viewports, then annotative scaling would be a good fit. If you just need text to show in just one place and not sure what size to make it, then ReMark's suggestion about using paper space might be for you.

Remark, thanks for they reply, but I do want to use it and do want to learn, hence being on here asking questions.

RobDraw, it sounds like what you are talking about is what I am looking for. Same drawing but in different viewports at different scaling. I am going to look into it, and I know that once I can get it figured out it will save me a lot of headaches and work. Thanks

Hey, if I could pick it up in a day, anyone can. The hardest part is figuring out how to stop dimensions from showing up in a particular viewport.

Just pay notice to the fact that one can adjust the viewport scale of modelspace while dimensioning, so you can see what the positioning and proximity of annotative dimensions will be like.

Dana, you're smarter than you give yourself credit for.
Actually I do know how smart I am, but I try not to let anyone know what they are up against until it's too late.:P:twisted: