How can I restore corrupt DWG files?

amadeubaptista

Recently recovered thousands of DWG files on a hard drive with a corrupt partition, however, all the files recovered are not viewable or recoverable through autocad 2007. The files are 2004 dwg files.

Is there any software available to repair DWG files that someone can refer me to?

The fact the files were created using AutoCAD 2004 has nothing to do with not being able to open them using 2007.

There are no programs that can repair a corrupted DWG file. No "magic" button either.

You can try using the RECOVER command and/or try starting a new drawing an inserting one of the drawings in it just as you would a block.

It is just possible that only the FAT (File Access Table) index is out of whack. I think you may find some sort of help with the makers of a program called File Scavenger. I have used that particular program to recover files from severely corrupted disk drives. The files usually are recovered in editable form along with their directory tree. If you try it, re-do the recovery from the original disk drive.

Maybe a visit to their site will help.

He is gone bye-bye now.

You should report those Dana W. Makes it easier, but Your post helped. Thanks!!

• 3 months later...