Scripts to insert specific block from another drawing?

vernonlee

I see what you mean now SEANT. I will give this a try & see how it works for me. Thanks bro.

BTW, the insertation of the nested block will be base on user input?

Meaning when i run the script, immediately the nested block will appear (but not inserted) at my cursor & I can zoom/pan to any area & click a point to where the nested block should be.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vernonlee

• SEANT

• ReMark

• tombu

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you mean now SEANT. I will give this a try & see how it works for me. Thanks bro.

BTW, the insertation of the nested block will be base on user input?

Meaning when i run the script, immediately the nested block will appear (but not inserted) at my cursor & I can zoom/pan to any area & click a point to where the nested block should be.

Yes, that's correct.

After reading more why not just export your title blocks out as individual dwgs with nothing else in them seems the simplest way then just insert the correct one and redo the attributes.

After reading more why not just export your title blocks out as individual dwgs with nothing else in them seems the simplest way then just insert the correct one and redo the attributes.

That is an alternative way as well. I just wanted to have all blocks in 1 drawing file, sort of consolidate them. Just just deal with 1 template drawing only. But thanks for the suggestion

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SEANT,

What can I include in the script to explode the block that i just inserted?

Currently this is the script i am using:-

^C^C_insert;"template";0,0,0;;;;_erase;last;;-insert;"Title A4";\;;;

Keep in mind you're adding that template drawing with all it's blocks as block defined in your drawing. You only erased the insertion. That's adding a lot of bloat to your drawing just to avoid inserting with Design Center. As long as you're ok with that carry on.

Keep in mind you're adding that template drawing with all it's blocks as block defined in your drawing. You only erased the insertion. That's adding a lot of bloat to your drawing just to avoid inserting with Design Center. As long as you're ok with that carry on.

I understand. Anyway I always purge the drawing before I issue the drawing out so it is no issue on that.

Speed is my THE main concern so the the macro shortcut button is the quickest for me.

My supervior most likely berate me for being slow rather than not minimising the file size by a few KB

Instead of this

^C^C_insert;"template";0,0,0;;;;_erase;last;;-insert;"Title A4";\;;;explode;last;

you can use this

^C^C_insert;"template";^C-insert;"*Title A4";\;;

The ^C will cancel the insert but the definitions are already in the drawing. The * in front of the block will explode it on insertion.

Nicely done.

Instead of this

^C^C_insert;"template";0,0,0;;;;_erase;last;;-insert;"Title A4";\;;;explode;last;

you can use this

^C^C_insert;"template";^C-insert;"*Title A4";\;;

The ^C will cancel the insert but the definitions are already in the drawing. The * in front of the block will explode it on insertion.

Cool!!! Thanks for the tip. :D