Can't import STP files to autocad 2014 for Mac

agilroy

It does not look like autocad 2014 for Mac allows to import anything besides ACIS. I've got 2 public STEP files to import but can't seem to figure out how to convert to DWG or ACIS, there is no good free tools out there. Also Inventor is only available for windows...

Could someone with all the proper tooling (e.g. autocad for windows or inventor) be so kind to convert the 2 STP into ACIS or DWG for me?

thanks much

Tried to upload a file but it seems to fail... file size is 7.5MB.
To upload a file you have to click the Go Advanced button first.

Then you click on the paperclip icon for attach file.

Then click the Add Files button, then Choose File, then Upload, and then Done.

All of that is to no avail however. STP is not one of the file types that the forum upload manager will accept. You can try to zip compress it, and upload the zip file, but the zip file size limit is 1/2 meg, or 500 kb. I doubt if 7+ meg will compress that far.

You can see the file size and type limits by clicking the blue ? help icon on the attachment manager dialog window.

dedmin that is awesome. Is there any way you could post it somewhere like dropbox or anything http/ftp?

Otherwise let me try to find a way for you to upload. Are the files larger than 25MB compressed? If under we may be able to do email.

Thanks!