Automated dimensions

Hsanon

Hi, was wondering if there was any routine which would automate dimensions in an architectural plan. This is present in refit, and we could have it in Autocad where we could draw a line through a floor plan and "stretch" the dimensions of all the intersecting lines to a convenient point.

Thanks

If I understand you correctly, without using any special code, you could use the LAYISO command, to isolate your DIMENSION layer, then use the STRETCH command to stretch all selected dimensions by the same amount. After which you would of course, use the LAYUNISO command to restore your layers to prestretch settings.

Edited by Dadgad

I have one but its copyrited hence no code, just pick left and right side and all dims appear for multiple walls etc, its 3 picks left right and dim position. So answer to the question is yes it can be done.

BigAl you have understood it right.... Point is, is there any lead in this forum or elsewhere, where this utility is available ???

it will be a very useful time saving utility

thanks

Hi, was wondering if there was any routine which would automate dimensions in an architectural plan. This is present in refit, and we could have it in Autocad where we could draw a line through a floor plan and "stretch" the dimensions of all the intersecting lines to a convenient point.

Thanks

Sounds to me like that sort of routine should be worth some serious money!

True, or maybe auto desk should add it in its express tools package.

Lee had one program in his suite which had automatic dimensioning within circles and ellipses ..... Called Length between intersections. Could that be a basis for a dimensioning suite ???? My knowledge of lisp is not so great .....

It would be a fantastic drafting utility !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

i found one great routine which does most of the work that i needed..... Hopefully it will help others too who are in need of this utility.

Sounds to me like that sort of routine should be worth some serious money!

AUTODIM.lsp

hope the money comes puring in :D

The utility is not as good as i understood from BIGAL's sketch.... but it sure can be a start for an expert to improve on...