Erase the hole

Mark_Anif

Q1: how can i remove or delete the hole that i have already union objects into one?

any others command related to this problem..

see attachmnt below

.untitled.jpg

Hold Ctrl down, pick the wall of the hole, hit delete.

Edit: I didn't notice the OP is using r2000, Ctrl key probably didn't work back then, so follow other suggestions offered.

From the command line, Solidedit, Face, Delete,...

Edited by rkent

I have never used Autocad 2000, but in newer versions you would find the commands you are looking for on the SOLID EDITING toolbar.

Whatever you do, don't use any of the Purge commands when doing this. :|

Rkent, Ctrl selection cycling, another good one to remember, of which I have never taken advantage! :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

orite guys..thank you for your advise and support.

My additional questions i:

- it is posible by using autocad2000,i want to produce 3 views of the drawing?

You can create as many or as few as you want or need, but it is not going to happen automagically, especially without using VIEWBASE (to generate them in a heartbeat from your modelspace 3D Solids) which was introduced in 2012.

There are lots of different ways to do it nowadays, but having no experience with Autocad 2000, I am not sure what tools are at your disposal.

You may find that SOLPROF is a valid command (but I doubt it), and if so, I would use that.

I started on Autocad 2009, so I know next to nothing about 2000.

Edited by Dadgad

yes, i got the information that autocad2000 is quite tough to create 3D model.

i work on 2D plan..and Extrude, Union,Subtrct to make it 3D model.

and then after finish my drwing,need to perform it in 3 View is also difficult.

i wll try ur suggestion after this.

thank sir. i already tried it. its look like perfect when we it in shade view.. but when we view it in wireframe,its still shows new line circle that already extrude.

how to fix it sir?

That could just be your leftover 2D geometry. Try erasing it using a window rather than trying to pick it.

To create 2D views of your 3D model you have but two options.

1) SOLPROF

2) Combination of SOLVIEW and SOLDRAW

This article from Cadalyst magazine, dated 1-Dec-2000, explains both methods.

http://www.cadalyst.com/manufacturing/back-to-2d-10167

There is another option but it will depend on whether or not you'll be doing more of these types of drawings in the future. It is a program called Flatshot Pro created by a company called nyacad. Here is a brief description of the program.

Flatshot Pro application designed for automatic creation of 2D drawings from AutoCAD 3D Models. The program is more efficient than regular Soldraw, Solprof or Flatshot (AutoCAD2007 or higher) AutoCAD commands and compatible with AutoCAD2000 or higher.

Flatshot Pro comes included in a program called ACAD Officer. There are two versions of this program the second of which is called ACAD Officer Light. It sells for $120 U.S. For further information click on the link below.

http://www.nyacad.com/index.html

thank sir. i already tried it. its look like perfect when we it in shade view.. but when we view it in wireframe,its still shows new line circle that already extrude.

how to fix it sir?

Not sure if this works on 2000, but you can try

BREP, should clear it

That could just be your leftover 2D geometry. Try erasing it using a window rather than trying to pick it.

To create 2D views of your 3D model you have but two options.

1) SOLPROF

2) Combination of SOLVIEW and SOLDRAW

This article from Cadalyst magazine, dated 1-Dec-2000, explains both methods.

http://www.cadalyst.com/manufacturing/back-to-2d-10167

Wow, I didn't realize that the SOL series of commands had been around that long! :shock:

Neither did I. When I looked in the Index of my AutoCAD 2000 User's Guide I did not see them listed nor did I find them listed in the book "Inside AutoCAD 2000" by Burchard & Pitzer.

AutoCAD 2000 was released March, 1999. AutoCAD 2000i was released July, 2000.

Not sure if this works on 2000, but you can try

BREP, should clear it

BREP was introduced in 2007: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/New-and-changed-commands-in-AutoCAD-2007.html

As ReMark mentioned, it's probably just leftover geometry, and if that is the case, the only command needed is ERASE.