Measured distance to excel

viru89

Hi,

hello everyone. i am new to autolisp. i need a routine that can calculate distance between two points and write it down to active cell of active workbook. (wherever selected in excel).

Is it possible? will be very helpful to me.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Thanks BIGAL for your reply. apologies if i mentioned stupid things. Let me brief you with the problem. i work as a quantity surveyor in building projects. We mostly get autocad drawings from consultants and prepare quantities spreadsheets. I wonder if i have a routine which can directly export data from autocad to excel. It will be very productive and cuts the working time by half.

The routine should ask for options (what you want to export) i.e. distance, length, area or text. once we make a choice it will ask for appropriate selection. For example, for distance it will ask select first point then second point. In third step it may ask for "Specify column range in excel" i.e. A,B,C etc. (I assume that file name and sheet name are predefined. plz guide me on this)

On execution of command, it will find non empty cell in specified range of workbook and puts the value.

i know i won't get cake on this but bread will be fine. i also checked getexcel.lsp as you suggested. But, it lacks the functionality i need. most importantly distance measurement to excel. i am ready to learn autolisp. will be very grateful for any help to achieve my objective.

thank you

virendra