Framework Assembly

Funky26

Hello I'm Jamie and yes you guessed it a newbie to the forum.

I've been teaching myself Autodesk Inventor for a while now and still can't get my head round what or how I achieve a 4 sided framework assembly with the 5th frame on top, which will form a box with no base.

My question would be, do I need to draw a skeleton frame for each frame member ie: Frame 1 then Frame 2 & so on?

Also does this mean I would have 5 Assembly files then create the 6th Assembly to constrain them all together to form the box?

I've tried to view all of the forum over that last couple of day to find this information. Please can someone help me with this.

If I follow your (brief, with no pictures or url references) problem description -

I would simply Extrude a rectangle as a Surface Body and use it as a Skeleton with Frame Generator. About 3-5 minutes of work total. One assembly file (or create sub-assemblies if you like, how will it be made in the real world?).

What version of Inventor?

Have you gone through the tutorials?

Have any dimensions in mind?

Hi JD thanks for getting back to me, sorry about the description ;-). I'm currently trying to use Inventor 2014 pro student version but I also have a running 2012 pro version on my laptop. I have tried the tutorials but they don't really work the way I'd like them too. I'm a draughtsman currently working with Autocad 2007 LT at work and am used to drawing all elevations in 2D. Old school tbh. I have placed a link from my dropbox account, this job isn't finished but you may get an idea of what I'm trying to achieve. The link is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ypbej05a5mjc755/AADOJjO0oLdNMPRP4LJEDtUYa?dl=0. Please rip me to pieces if I have done this totally wrong. Many thanks

I don't go to 3rd part drop box sites that install hidden stuff on my computer.

Post here or to A360.

Hi JD, I have uploaded it to A360 as it is 35MB can you please PM me your email so I can share it with you. Thanks once again.

Jamie

You had a drop-box like posted here - can't you share the project on A360 and post the link here? Or do you now want to keep this private?