Line Types

m_sherif005

Hi all;

I have a drawing which its linetypes are customized.

When i move it to another computer linetypes are in drawing but shapes are changed!

Is there any solution?

The second computer isn't finding where the custom linetypes from the first. You'll need access to the first computer for any fix, but it sounds like you have that.

The easiest way would be to allow the second machine to access the linetypes from the first as a shared folder. Alternatively open the drawing on the first computer and type ENTRANSMIT. This will allow you to create a package of the drawing which includes all support files (xrefs, pen tables, images, and most importantly linetype files). You can then copy the linetypes onto the second machine.

dJE

Linetype definitions are stored within the drawing, but shapes used by the linetype definitions are stored in a separate shx file, so that's most likely what's missing.

As suggested above, eTransmit will collect all the needed support files and include them in the zip.

Linetype definitions are stored within the drawing, but shapes used by the linetype definitions are stored in a separate shx file, so that's most likely what's missing.

As suggested above, eTransmit will collect all the needed support files and include them in the zip.

Yes this is the right command spell but sudenly not working!! my drawing linetypes still changed in other machines.!

No

I just have a drawing with customized linetypes that these customized linetypes did not display in other computers.

Then take the advice already given and get those shape files otherwise the linetypes will not display properly. Unless you don't care any more.

I have a drawing which its linetypes are customized.

When i move it to another computer linetypes are in drawing but shapes are changed!

If they display properly on your machine, they you have the needed shape files available

When the "other" users open the drawing, they should get a warning about the missing files, and they may be listed individually in the text window (F2) Gather the filenames of the missing shape files and either collect them from your local computer if a stand alone, or make the files available on the network and add the file location to the "other users" Support File Search Path so AutoCAD can find them.

Post a screenshot of the linetype as it's displayed on your computer compared to how it's displayed on theirs, and/or post the linetype definition so we know whether these custom linetypes are simple dashes and dots or whether they are complex linetypes that depend on font or shape files to display properly.

Might also be that it is using "STANDARD" text style in the definition, but "STANDARD" is using different fonts on the two computers or if the Text Style isn't in the definition, it will use the current Text Style IIRC.

Hard to say without the Linetype Definition and some images of what is happening.

Maybe it is as simple as the Line Type Scale.