HELP: Any LISP or Scripts I can use to update text attribute value for many drawing?

vernonlee

Hi.

I have an assignment involving around 200 drawings.

Any LISP or Scripts that I can use to update a text attribute value. They all have the same tag name & value to it.

They are within a attribute block with many other text attributes, but i only need to change the value for one of the tag which is DATE.

Block name: Title_Block

Tag name : DATE

Value: APR 2015

Thanks

Edited by vernonlee

Thanks guys. Tried Lee Mac's Global Attribute Extractor & Editor & it works.

Actually many months ago i also was testing that LISP but failed to get it to work. Now it seems fine.

Thanks Lee

I was using Global Attribute Extractor & Editor.

It will stop at certain files & I got this error.

Any advise?

Command: MACATTEDIT

; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation)

; warning: unwind skipped on unknown exception

Command:

I also tried those files that got errors & use Batch Attribute Editor instead but it got errors as well

Edited by vernonlee

It sounds like the problem lies with those particular drawing files - have you tried auditing the files?

Thanks Lee. Will try to audit the drawings.

BTW, there are some files i discover that did not have the same block name hence the value was not changed. But the drawings was saved nevertheless.

Is it possible to, if the drawings do not have that block name, either it will not save it or is there some kind of log that will list out which files have been not been updated?

Thanks

Is it possible to, if the drawings do not have that block name, either it will not save it or is there some kind of log that will list out which files have been not been updated?

Thank you for the suggestion - I'll look to implement something like this in the next release of the application.

Thank you for the suggestion - I'll look to implement something like this in the next release of the application.

Thank for the consideration.