"Acad has caused an error in AC1ST15.DLL"

Guest THE BRAT

Guest THE BRAT

well it used to work!....My partner was cleaning some files on her(our) computer and now I keep getting this message when I try to start AutoCAD "Acad has caused an error in AC1ST15.DLL" Since then I've uninstalled AutoCAD and re-installed it. Still the same message! I can't get it to work! The operating system is "Windows ME"....consequently Volo View won't run and it gives me the message "Volo View has caused an error in "VOLOVIEW.EXE" and "MFC42.DLL Our computer is made by Dell Computers, its model is Dimension 4100. Is there something I can do or do I have to take the computer to the shop? It is a pentium 3 with 128 megs of ram. I will be upgrading the ram once I get AutoCAD running again or when Christmas comes(whichever is first)!!!

I think you may have to install a missing DLL for that too.Ill have a look later on for you.

I would un-install VoloView unless you expect to get VoloView markups. Why bother with it :)

My partner was cleaning some files on her(our) computer and now I keep getting this message when I try to start AutoCAD "Acad has caused an error in AC1ST15.DLL" "MFC42.DLL

Cleaning out :shock: Avoid that.

Mfc42.dll I think is a VBA windows file.

Nick

My partner was cleaning some files on her(our) computer and now I keep getting this message when I try to start AutoCAD "Acad has caused an error in AC1ST15.DLL" "MFC42.DLL

Cleaning out :shock: Avoid that.

Mfc42.dll I think is a VBA windows file.

Nick

Not sure about that, was putting a student version (Acad) on my bosses machine and it had Noton on it and it needed this file as well.

Guest THE BRAT
I hope you've rubbed in and made her feel guilty for your grief! :)

well it turns out that she had installed norton that day and that seems to have started the whole thing. Its too bad that I did'nt ask the forum about a month ago!....live and learn :?

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...