HELP: How to prevent dimensions in a block from being mirrored?

vernonlee

My new boss thinks 20/20 Kitchen Design is a hot cutting edge piece of drafting software, and still doesn't get that it is not really a "drafting program", but more of a presentation generator. But I could go on for hours about that guy. Leave it to say he doesn't see why AutoCad takes all week to do a set of shop drawings when he can pop out a 3D Nurse's Station in a couple of hours with 20/20. >>shrug

I'd like to see him get a shop drawing approval from a real G.C. firm with those cartoons. His company is growing quickly, but his head is still stuck in small timeville. Thus me, new there. And there's a new operations manager/shop foreman there, since the 23rd. I guess he does know deep down that his rockstar status in a two man cabinet maker shop doesn't cut much cloth in the five star Hotel pool bar, Executive Golf retreat arena.

I don't know why I started ranting all of a sudden. Yes I do, it's been one of "those" days.

Dana, excellent! I'm glad to hear you love your new gig! :huh:

I had been wondering how you were doing with it, since you mentioned you were about to start there. :beer:

You DO like collecting a pay check though, right?

Vernon you might find the express tool BLOCKREPLACE helpful sometime between now and 9,000 doors from now. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vernonlee

• Dadgad

• Dana W

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can add the flips and dims to the existing block definition, but they may not be oriented properly when the definition is saved. You'd probably have to re-adjust, or replace a bunch of them.

Roger. I will advise my boss accordingly for more time.

I don't know why I started ranting all of a sudden. Yes I do, it's been one of "those" days.

I share the same feeling.

But on my part I am slower as this is what i feel from my supervisor.

Basically i am always trying to prove my worth. Every single working day. :bloodshot:

Vernon, if you open your PALETTES and look on the ARCHITECTURAL tab, I believe you will find a dynamic metric door block with all the parameters ready to go, as well as a few others which you might want to know about.

You could create a copy and edit it slightly, if you need to show 798, for instance as the block has incremental steps and one of them is at 800.

Having avoided the slippery slope of starting to teach myself about creating dynamic blocks coming up lunch time on Saturday, here I still am!

Last Saturday I thought it was Friday and it wasn't until about 4:00 p.m., when I noticed what day it really was. The dangers of working at home, and waiting for our next project to hit, and make us all super busy again! At least today, it is of my own doing, as I am fully aware that it is meant to be a day off. :|

Thanks Dadgad for the clear guide. WIll see how it goes & the best method base on the time constrain.

It is nice to be your own boss. :D

Dana, excellent! I'm glad to hear you love your new gig! :huh:

I had been wondering how you were doing with it, since you mentioned you were about to start there. :beer:

You DO like collecting a pay check though, right?

Vernon you might find the express tool BLOCKREPLACE helpful sometime between now and 9,000 doors from now. :)

"Love it", is not exactly the words I'd use right now.:shock::x but I will get past that and get this guy up and running. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to get his, already 1 week late on my first day project, approved with changes. Yesterday, the boss was almost 3000 miles away taking field dimensions for the project, and we had communication disasters all day. This project resulted in 31, 11x17 pages, of cabinet & millwork drawings. Each page would fulfill a full days worth of postings to the Incredibly Stupid Drafting Practices thread. For starters, the original "drafter" already had 11 pages done INSIDE THE ARCHITECTURAL CAD FILE. He had no idea how to work paperspace, so he just scaled up the modelspace geometry to "fit" default viewports. :nono::stop::rtfm:. We'll leave overriden and scaled dims and leaders, mixed dim styles, "adjusted" dims, etc., etc., for a later discussion.:huh:

I was forced to stick with this pile of garbage because it was way too late to fix any of it. Whew!!:surrender::bloodshot:

"Love it", is not exactly the words I'd use right now.:shock::x but I will get past that and get this guy up and running. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to get his, already 1 week late on my first day project, approved with changes. He had no idea how to work paperspace, so he just scaled up the modelspace geometry to "fit" default viewports. :nono::stop::rtfm:. We'll leave overriden and scaled dims and leaders, mixed dim styles, "adjusted" dims, etc., etc., for a later discussion.:huh:

I was forced to stick with this pile of garbage because it was way too late to fix any of it. Whew!!:surrender::bloodshot:

There is much to be said for being NEEDED! :beer:

How are you mirroring the blocks now? Isn't that as much work as replacing with a Dynamic block and using a flip action.

With a Dynamic block you can select all that need flipped and do it through properties at once.

There is much to be said for being NEEDED! :beer:
Well, yeah but does it have to feel like being #1 on the FBI Most Wanted List? :police: Anyway, I did get my second REGULAR paycheck today, and got to stop by the :beer: store on the way home. Sweet_water IPA, a Wonderful elixir for tired computer eyebones.

OH COME ON, that is Sweet Water, One word, for goodness sakes. I edited the *** out of it and replaced them with a "~". The Sensitivity and Obscenity parsing subroutine has gone berserk.

My apologies for going chat on all you, again. After all, this is a tech thread.

Well, yeah but does it have to feel like being #1 on the FBI Most Wanted List? :police: Anyway, I did get my second REGULAR paycheck today, and got to stop by the :beer: store on the way home. Sweet_water IPA, a Wonderful elixir for tired computer eyebones.

OH COME ON, that is Sweet Water, One word, for goodness sakes. I edited the *** out of it and replaced them with a "~". The Sensitivity and Obscenity parsing subroutine has gone berserk.

My apologies for going chat on all you, again. After all, this is a tech thread.

NEEDED, not WANTED!

I am glad you triggered the Obscenity filter, as about a week ago I was trying to remember what nonoffensive English language word had done it in a previous post, and I found so funny, but I couldn't come up with one! I guess I didn't understand that they could be separated by a space, and still set it off! :beer: Dare I say, congratulations & Bottoms UP?

NEEDED, not WANTED!

I am glad you triggered the Obscenity filter, as about a week ago I was trying to remember what nonoffensive English language word had done it in a previous post, and I found so funny, but I couldn't come up with one! I guess I didn't understand that they could be separated by a space, and still set it off! :beer: Dare I say, congratulations & Bottoms UP?

Oh good. Now you've triggered a quest in my head to come up with an entire sentence of innocent words that will set off the star machine. All I have to do is put some syllables from nasty words that start or end clean words back to back with a space between.

Actually I am getting quite a kick out of my new job, and I like it. I can't wait to get into the new project in a fresh clean and logical template.

Oh good. Now you've triggered a quest in my head to come up with an entire sentence of innocent words that will set off the star machine. All I have to do is put some syllables from nasty words that start or end clean words back to back with a space between.

Actually I am getting quite a kick out of my new job, and I like it. I can't wait to get into the new project in a fresh clean and logical template.

Once you have cleared the dektop of the flotsam of the previus regime, the boss and subs will be impressed, and you will be much more content! :beer:

Why does Bob itch his ...... perhaps my earlier assumption about that was incorrect. :|