Mtext not visible right in only one computer

Hi Guys,

Mtext looks different in only one computer… I checked textstyle and its good. Only think I observed is ctb files also shows missing on plotting window… Could not find a solution… Please suggest some:(

Do you get missing font warning messages when the file is opened?

Copy the ctb file to that computer, and save it in the same folder(s) as the other ctb files. You also may have to copy the Windows font file for that particular text style font over.

You could also transfer the dwg file to that computer using etransmit. This loads all xrefs, fonts, styles etc., into the output of the etransmit command.

Thanks for your help guys...

1. It looks different means, when I open in my computer its ok… But when I open in other computer its not fitting and shows like a bigger text.

2. Yes he is getting that window with missing shx file ( Shape file..??)… We are cancelling that and opening the drawings… I tried the command ”stylesmanager” and its opening his documents folder not like mine with plotsyles folder. For extra info we are opening the same drawing from the same server.

3. Also Can you help me , whenever he opening a new drawing its in a new AutoCAD… SDI value is 0… still not good…

Thanks for your help guys...

1. It looks different means, when I open in my computer its ok… But when I open in other computer its not fitting and shows like a bigger text.

2. Yes he is getting that window with missing shx file ( Shape file..??)… We are cancelling that and opening the drawings… I tried the command ”stylesmanager” and its opening his documents folder not like mine with plotsyles folder. For extra info we are opening the same drawing from the same server.

3. Also Can you help me , whenever he opening a new drawing its in a new AutoCAD… SDI value is 0… still not good…

Any time you get and ignore/dismiss that missing font message, you can rest assured that it will display differently, as it will substitute the ALTFONT (system variable name) defined font for the missing one. Try Dana's suggestion and use ETRANSMIT and you won't have that problem.

Specify in the PROGRAM DEFAULT settings on your computer that DWGVIEWER opens .dwg files to resolve your multiple instances of Autocad running with multiple drawings open.

Meanwhile I am checking the etransmit, Actually I set default as AutoCAD DWG Launcher and still not resolved the multiple CAD opening issue

Meanwhile I am checking the etransmit, Actually I set default as AutoCAD DWG Launcher and still not resolved the multiple CAD opening issue

Glad you got it sorted out, sorry I inadvertently misnamed the application to use, DWG Launcher is the one you want to use. :)

Another way is to just open any new drawing from within the open Autocad window, instead of using WINDOWS to open them.

When you ETRANSMIT a drawing, it includes everything that will be needed to view a particular drawing, such as Xrefs, Linetypes, Textstyles, Dimension styles etc.

For the record..

File Types Automatically Added to a Transmittal Package

File Type Description

*.dwg Root drawing file and any attached external references

Various image file types Raster image files that are attached externally

to the root drawing or external referenced drawings, or as part of a

material

*.dgn DGN files that are attached externally to the root drawing or external

referenced drawings

*.dwf Design Web Format files that are attached externally to the root drawing

or external referenced drawings

*.dwfx DWF file with XPS information that is attached externally to the root

drawing or an externally referenced drawing

*.pdf PDF files that are attached externally to the root drawing or external

referenced drawings

*.dxe Data extraction files that contain extraction settings and data link

information

*.xls Microsoft Excel spreadsheet files that are linked to data extraction tables

*.fmp Font Mapping File used for the In-Place Text Editor when working with

Multiline Text objects

*.ctb Color-dependent plot style files used to control the appearance of the

objects in the drawings of the transmittal set when plotting

*.stb Named plot style files used to control the appearance of the objects in

the drawings of the transmittal set when plotting

*.pc3 Plotter configuration files used to control the device and settings for the

device when plotting the layouts of the drawings in the transmittal set

*.dwt Drawing template file that is associated with a sheet set

*.dst Sheet set file

*.dws Drawing standards file that is associated to a drawing for standards

checking

File Types Not Automatically Added to a Transmittal Package

File Type Description

*.arx,

*.dbx,

*.lsp,

*.vlx,

*.dvb,

*.dll Custom application files (ObjectARX,

ObjectDBX, AutoLISP, Visual LISP, VBA and .NET)

*.shx Compiled shape files used for text styles or complex linetypes

*.ttf True Type font files used for text styles

*.pfa,

*.pfb PostScript Type 1 font files

*.pat Hatch pattern files

*.lin Linetype definition files

*.mln Multiline definition files

*.pmp Plotter model parameter files, used to store configuration information

specific to a plotter such as custom paper sizes

*.unt Unit conversion file, used by QuickCalc and the CVUNIT AutoLISP

function

*.pss Plot stamp settings files

OLE objects (linked files) OLE objects that are linked to files in the drawing are not included in the transmittal package

Rtext objects (linked files) Text files that are referenced by the RTEXT object are not included in the transmittal package

*.xls (Microsoft Excel files) Microsoft Excel spreadsheet files that are linked to data extraction tables are not included in the transmittal package