Filleting a complex solid

stormhayward

Hello,

I have modelled a 3D car in AutoCAD; I have attached this file. I have been trying to fillet all of the edges to make it smooth, however I keep getting the error 'Failed to perform blend' and 'Failure while filleting'. I have tried reducing the radius to no avail. Any idea how I could do this?

Thanks

Porsche.dwg

Ah okay, I used that and subtracted it from the original solid to make the shape of the car. I'm not sure if that's the best way of doing it but it seemed to work.

Well, after I got rid of it I was able to fillet portions of the car body. My best guess is that the radius, in some instances, is too large.

Ah okay, I used that and subtracted it from the original solid to make the shape of the car. I'm not sure if that's the best way of doing it but it seemed to work.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Another way to approach this would be to use the INTERSECT command, and draw 3 views of the exterior contour lines as closed polylines, probably TOP, FRONT & RIGHT or LEFT.

Still a very difficult thing to model, but if you are unaware of the command, you should probably check it out, it does things that some of the other modeling commands don't.

Edited by Dadgad

This is displaying when the solid is selected because you have SOLIDHISTORY turned on.

solidhistory system variable.JPG