Polar Tracking...

Bill Tillman

I have a new computer with a troublesome copy of AutoCAD 2015 Mech on it. I've had to cold boot this system twice this morning because AutoCAD keeps locking up. In the process of all these restarts I seem to have lost what I thought was called polar tracking. That is when I draw the lines I can see the length and angles on the screen. F10 to turn on polar tracking does not give the desired results.

Hope I'm wording that correctly. When I select a line and then place the cursor of one of the grips (blue icons) on the end of it, I'm used to seeing the length and the angle of it showing up. That is no longer happening. I thought that was called polar tracking...???

Polar tracking happens when you select the grip (blue icon) and change the location of it. It can do it in relation to the current location or in reference to another point.

Okay, finally found it. The "Enable Dimension Input where possible" button was not checked in the Dynamic Input tab of the DSETTINGS.