saved files

RICHARD W

The most weird thing is happening recently and randomly. I save and finish work on a drawing file, close the file, then open it later to find a previously saved file before I made changes. Like the changes I made in the drawing did not "take". I have all solid state drives on my desk top. Is this a SS drive issue or AutoCAD 2012 issue?

I am afraid to do any more work as it may or may not be saved.

I save them to my hard drive. I just hit the save button at the top of the bar. Then I close the drawing. I do at end of day drag and drop a copy of the updated file to another hard drive for back up, but I do not want to get ahead of myself. Once a few weeks ago, I could not save any changes on a job. I would save the file after making changes and I had to make the changes like 5 times before it worked.

I open them by opening my documents folder and opening the project file, then double click on the drawing I want to open.

I save them to my hard drive. I just hit the save button at the top of the bar. Then I close the drawing.

It sounds as though your files are being saved someplace other than where you expect them to be saved. Try doing a "SaveAs" and check the file path. Autocad may be defaulting to a different folder.