Missing some shortcut commands

chienpham

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie in our forum, and I'm from Vietnam.

I've got a problem: Some shortcut commands in my Autocad 2007 are missing. For example, I have to type cp ( instead of Co, or C) to copy an object. I have tried to edit the acad.pgp file but it's not working. :(

Please help me. Thank you so much Cadtutor's members!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dadgad

• Emmanuel Delay

• chienpham

• tombu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Dadgad

Please download this pic if you can't see it in thumbnail, thank you so much for your support

Cad problem.jpg

Edited by chienpham
nope

If you want to customize any shortcalls, the correct place to do it is a the very bottom of the list, you will see instructions there,

and any that you enter in the correct area will override the ones on the OOTB (out of the box) list. I will post a screenshot in a couple minutes.

I am not sure if the command ALIASEDIT is available in Autocad 2007, but if so, you can change them there quite easily, on the fly without needing to open the .pgp file.

user defined pgp aliases.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

Thank you @Dadgad, but it's not working. I've edited the command in the bottom of the list, restart autocad, but nothing happened. :(

Thank you @Dadgad, but it's not working. I've edited the command in the bottom of the list, restart autocad, but nothing happened. :(

Can you show us what you have done?

A somewhat larger screenshot please, as you won't need to show very much in it.

Frame it like mine, so that we know that you have done it in the User Defined Alias area.

Did you try the ALIASEDIT command? Or is that the "IT" which you say is not working?

I researched a bit, and it was an available Express Tool in 2007, so you should have it, if Express Tools are installed.

After modifying your .pgp, you don't need to restart Autocad, you can use the REINIT (for reinitiate) command instead, it is quicker.

Edited by Dadgad

Did you do it just like shown in my screenshot?

C, *COPY

That is the correct formatting. I just noticed that in your first screenshot you added C, after CO, (CO,C,) which is NOT how it is done!

Let alone that it was in the wrong place, you should only put one alias on a line.

Come to think of it, the software may now think that "CO,C," is your redefined shortcall for COPY.

Go back into that upper .pgp file, and remove the C, which you added to the original alias.

If you are making changes in the .pgp file, and you do not SAVE them before closing and using the REINIT command, any changes will be lost. :|

OMG!!! I DID IT! HA HA

Thank you so much for your support, Dadgad!!!! ^^

As with most things in life, it is really quite simple, once you know how. :)

You never confirmed whether or not, you were able to use the ALIASEDIT command?

If you haven't already tried, please do, you will be very pleasantly surprised by just how simple it can be.

Happy I could help you, don't stop learning. :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

I don't use Aliasedit command,

"Come to think of it, the software may now think that "CO,C," is your redefined shortcall for COPY.

Go back into that upper .pgp file, and remove the C, which you added to the original alias." That's the point! :))), AutoCad think that CO,C is copy :))). So i have redefined it. Thank you again Dadgad, I'll keep learning ACad!!.

There is no reason to be afraid to try ALIASEDIT. :|

The only reason I mentioned it, is because it is a really easy way to do this.

Much easier than venturing into the .pgp.

http://www.mycadsite.com/tutorials/level_4/4-12.htm

http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/tutorial-create-a-command-alias-keyboard-shortcut/

wGnRon6W7+s5wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I was surprised to see that it already existed in Autocad 2007, as I thought it was only a few years old.

Glad you are back on the tracks. :)

aliasedit dialog box.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

• 1 month later...

I must admit I'm pretty disappointed they removed these aliases.

I don't like to be forced to make these kind of personal settings. I like to keep Autocad as close as possible to the factory settings.

With Autocomplete being the standard, I think it will be rarer and rarer that aliases are used. I can only go to myself, I haven't edited the pgp at all for the 2015.

I really don't understand. The behaviour of aliases was perfect with Autocad 2014. Now it's ruined.

Wait, what is ruined? That the aliases are changed from one version to the next? I'll agree that it is annoying that Autodesk decided to change them - but ruined? Either you sigh and learn something new - or you change it either with Aliaseditor or "teach" the autocomplete what you need it to know.

I'll give you that I was a bit annoyed that QS (which I always have had as QSELECT) kept pointing me to QSAVE - but a few times of "telling" AutoCAD that when I type QS I mean QSELECT, now I get QSELECT instead. And this is without haveing to go into the PGP or the Aliaseditor.

Melodramatic? yes, okay, probably.

But this new behaviour really hinders me.

Most of what I do, is using 1-letter aliases. m enter, l enter, ... I hardly ever use buttons*

Now, I constantly get "Unknown command"; or I have to wait until autocomplete starts working.

This completely takes away my flow.

Is there a set of settings that can bring back the old behaviour (as much as possible)?

(* since they started with ribbons, I started ignoring buttons, I type most commands now.)

You can disable Autocomplete, there is a wrench (spanner?) -icon to the left of your commandline, click that to get a bunch of settings for your autocomplete and autocorrect. Perhaps you want to fiddle with the delay time of the autocomplete?

Thanks, I'll see if it helps

-----

Lisp is probably my best option.

(defun c:l ()
 (command "LINE")
)
(defun c:m ()
 (command "MOVE")
)
;; et cetera

Edited by Emmanuel Delay