Architectural Sections

Hsanon

Here I am again with another issue...

Many years ago, when i was a young man (heck !!! 25 years ago !!!) i had made my first Lisp routine which would automate (or rather facilitate) making of a schematic section from an architectural plan.

It was a very long drawn program, which was done in stages and checked till it worked, and eventually it came out with a very rudimentary building section.

I stopped using that routine years ago (if you see the program you will understand why)

I am attaching it for whatever its worth... with the hope that someone has an updated quicker better way of making an architectural sectional drawing routine in this forum.

Its something all architects would require...

SECTION.LSP

Most people have moved on to alternative versions of AutoCAD, such as AutoCAD Architecture or jumped ship to other program platforms altogether such as the Revit or ArchiCAD platform. Auto-magic sections is one of many auto-magic things these programs do for architectural designers.

Yes all our submissions are in 2D. We may visualize using sketchup and then draw the same in orthographic 2D views.

yes, we may not be too advanced as of now.....

But, in 2D, we claim to be pretty good ;-)

Brian TFC

am attaching the "support" drawings...

those days the maximum file name could only be 8 characters :)

do remember it was made 25 years ago.... probably AutoCad Release 10

as i said, it was a rudimentary program, ... I am sure it can be made to be a wonderful utility. adding room elevational features / doors / windows/ flooring etc. blocking it and repeating it a bunch of times for the number of floors,.....

I dont use the program any more for obvious reasons ;-)

I am not being able to attach the rest of the files... shall do so in the next post.

BOTDETIL.DWG

Topdetil.dwg

RTTOPDET.DWG

STAIRSEC.DWG

RTSTSEC.DWG

GNDSTAIR.DWG

RTGNDST.DWG

• 4 weeks later...

just a reminder for anyone who has a routine to take off rudimentary 2D sections off a 2D architectural drawing....

am just coming up to speed in sketchup... maybe the best way is to work in sketchup (which we do for visualizations of most projects anyway...) and take 2D sectional views into autocad ???

anyone tried that yet ???