How do I line up vertices?

prime333

I'm doing a practice drawing and I ran into a situation where I need to line up vertices. I want to being the vertices on the left viewport to the same height as those vertices in the right viewports. Thanks in advance for your help.

Untitled.jpg

Use the DISTANCE command to determine the thickness of that circular 3D Solid, turn on ORTHO, select the polygon or lines (if it is not a polygon) then MOVE them down by that distance. I suppose you could use 3DMOVE, if you are so inclined, and move them along the Z axis, but regular MOVE can do it.

Edited by Dadgad

I moved your thread to the AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering Forum. Please start your threads in the appropriate forum.

I use the UCS to provide an elevation view of the objects and align them as I would any other objects. I would use Polar Tracking myself in this instance, there are many methods, you might look into "point filters" a.k.a. "coordinate filters" as well.

Yes, but how does this answer my question?

Frankly, I don't know. I don't even know what your question really is.

Can you attach a *.dwg file here rather than image file?

I am better at working with CAD files than I am with image files.

Do you have any other references to your design intent?

A book page?

A url?

So you want to move the one object up to the top of the other? You can use the move command and use the extruded object as you reference. Is this what you want?

acad-move.gif

Nicely demostrated f700es! :beer:

Actually the OP wants to move it in the other direction, but the technique is exactly the same, just start at the top snap of the 3D Solid and work down to the bottom snap.

Actually the OP wants to move it in the other direction, but the technique is exactly the same, just start at the top snap of the 3D Solid and work down to the bottom snap.

D'Oh!!!! ;)

• 2 months later...
So you want to move the one object up to the top of the other? You can use the move command and use the extruded object as you reference. Is this what you want?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54020[/ATTACH]

What program did you use to capture that video?