Transfer

olecarman

OK: I am moving my 2006 AutoCAD (full version) to a new computer.. I'm keeping my 2006 version, so this is not an upgrade situation.. Is there any step by step instructions on how to move your "profile" to the new computer so I don't have to go through and setup everything like I like it again ?? I also have some customized toolbar items as well. I tried the import/export profile command under options, but that didn't seem to work.. I imported my profile into the new computer, but it didn't change the toolbar at all..

So I didn't know if there were step by step instructions that would help with this transfer or can that even be done.. I have already loaded the AutoCAD onto the new computer and it opens and runs fine, except it is not setup like my old profile and toolbar..

Thanks

kim

The customized toolbars, workspaces, quick access toolbars will be part of your .CUIX.

It looks like you can do a SAVE AS of your customizations, use a name you will recognize, and that will be a .CUIX file.

Not sure why they are not already in the .CUIX which is running on your new computer.

Perhaps you needed to have SAVED the customizations before the migration?

If that is the case then, by not having done so, I guess your .cuix file is still the original default Autocad one.

I wish I were more certain about this, I haven't done it like this, although I have lots of custom toolbars and such.

Probably safer to wait for someone more versed in such niceties than myself. :|

Good luck with it, at least your software is running, which is the really big one. :)

Should you need help with your system vaiable transfer I can help you with that.

Assuming that in 2006 there was the SYSVDLG command, you can SAVE a .SVF file in the bottom of the SYSVDLG box.

Then again, this too sounds like suggesting you close the barn door, after the horses have gotten out, since you are already on the new computer.

So, you either have them or you don't.

Edited by Dadgad

Re ARG Setup simplest way put arG somewhere like user\your-name open up autocad as a normal user CONFIG import your ARG and make it current profile. Close Autocad DO NOT USE RED X, Ok now copy your desktop icon click on it and properties edit Startup look for /p change what is after it to /p yourprofilename. We cut the default icon and paste into \users\yourname so it's not there, we use partial menu,s menu files so we just menu load between upgrades saves headaches. Try this check CONFIG and look for the option Main customisation menu, it shows location make a copy paste to \users\yourname back to CONFIG change the main custom menu to point to \user\yourname your menu