Run another

Keywordkid

Hi All,

It's been some time since I have been using AutoCAD and all the lisp controls I learnt have disappeared from memory. I basically only using CAD as a tool for cleaning files to link into Revit and so have been setting up a routine to run through all the clean and purge utilities to speed this up and remove the repetitiveness of using the same sequence of commands over and over. One utility I'd like to add into my lisp is "Flatten.lsp" I have found how to run it but is there anyway I can pre-answer the prompts? i.e. Flatten All (Return) Yes?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi All,

It's been some time since I have been using AutoCAD and all the lisp controls I learnt have disappeared from memory. I basically only using CAD as a tool for cleaning files to link into Revit and so have been setting up a routine to run through all the clean and purge utilities to speed this up and remove the repetitiveness of using the same sequence of commands over and over. One utility I'd like to add into my lisp is "Flatten.lsp" I have found how to run it but is there anyway I can pre-answer the prompts? i.e. Flatten All (Return) Yes?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Apologises, it was a keyboard slip up.

Any viewers please refer to "Run Another" thread.

Edited by Keywordkid
To point readers to the original thread

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Of course you can. I have the same procedure. Purge > Audit > Flatten and so on.

im only using a script btw in batch, run once & let autocad do the rest.

Try this:

;Gian Paolo Cattaneo - 28.Apr.2015
(defun c:FlattenAll ()
   (if (and
           (zerop (car (getvar "viewdir")))
           (zerop (cadr (getvar "viewdir")))
           (> (caddr (getvar "viewdir")) 0)
       )
       (if (member "acetutil.arx" (arx))
           (progn
               (or acet-flatn (load "FLATTENSUP.LSP"))
               (acet-flatn (ssget "_X") nil)
           )
           (alert "Express Tools are not installed.")
       )
       (alert "View needs to be in plan (0 0 1).")
   )
   (princ)
)

That's good to know, could you provide an example?

it goes something like this.

BURST
ALL

SCALE
ALL

ZOOM
E
-PURGE
ALL
N
CHANGE
ALL

P
C

CLOSE
N

Thanks Everyone,

I'll give these suggestions a try.

I did get flatten to work by saving a .scr and then running it from my lisp but it's a bit clunky and means I have two files to deal with instead of one lisp routine, I like the look of GP's example for running straight from the one file.

I'll report back how I get on, when I get a chance to jump back on AutoCAD.

Cheers,

KYK

Thanks Everyone,

I'll give these suggestions a try.

I did get flatten to work by saving a .scr and then running it from my lisp but it's a bit clunky and means I have two files to deal with instead of one lisp routine, I like the look of GP's example for running straight from the one file.

I'll report back how I get on, when I get a chance to jump back on AutoCAD.

Cheers,

KYK

Call your .scr from a batch file like this, this batch file will call all drawings inside C:\DATAFILES\DWG opening it and running the script 1 drawing at a time.

md C:\DATAFILES\prj\DWG\UPDATED
for %%f in (C:\DATAFILES\DWG\*.dwg) do START /WAIT c:\"program files"\"Autodesk"\"AutoCAD 2011"\acad.exe "%%f" /b c:\datafiles\cleanME.scr

This is what inside my batch (.bat) file.

-xref
BIND
-LAYER
U

(load "C:\\DATAFILES\\CLEANUP UTIL.lsp") ;;silent loading my LISP
loadLT ;;loads my custom linetype
delob   ;;delete hidden objects
selectREM ;;delete all remarks
selectpoints ;;delete all Points
selectWO ;;delete wipeouts
(bup "C:\\DATAFILES\\KNPC\\KNPC MAB NEW A1 BORDER_DWG.dwg") ;;bup is a command for redifining blocks inside my drawing, this will ensure that those blocks is up to date.
(bup "C:\\DATAFILES\\prj\\BALL DRAIN.dwg")
(bup "C:\\DATAFILES\\prj\\BALL DRAIN VERTICAL.dwg")
(bup "C:\\DATAFILES\\prj\\BALL VENT.dwg")
(bup "C:\\DATAFILES\\prj\\DRAIN 2.dwg")
(bup "C:\\DATAFILES\\prj\\DRAIN 3.dwg")
(bup "C:\\DATAFILES\\prj\\VENT 2.dwg")
ZOOM
E
FORCE ;;Lisp to force all to ByLayer
changestylefont ;;changes the fonts of some the text styles to comply project requirement.
-PURGE
ALL
N
CHANGE
ALL

P
C

border_update ;;saves a copy of the updated drawing to C:\DATAFILES\prj\DWG\UPDATED and leaves the original copy untouch.(so if something goes wrong you have a backup)
QUIT
Y

without this routine it will take me 1-2hrs cleaning up the 1 drawing, but with this it only take me 8 mins.