Dynamic Block

Larry Christie

I have created a dynamic block using AutoCad LT 2015. This block contains various sizes of the object. All works fine when I test the block in the block editor. But when inserted into a drawing none of the functions (stretch rotate etc..) accompany the block. Any ideas on why this is happening? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by "accompany the block"? The dynamic block seems to work fine for me. And I don't see any Rotate Parameters in here so that may explain why no rotation grips.

• 4 weeks later...

When you insert the block, make sure and check that the 'explode' button his highlighted within the insert dialogue box.

I have created a dynamic block using AutoCad LT 2015. This block contains various sizes of the object. All works fine when I test the block in the block editor. But when inserted into a drawing none of the functions (stretch rotate etc..) accompany the block. Any ideas on why this is happening? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Is there already a non-dynamic version of the block with the same name already in these drawings where you are inserting the "new" one".

Steve, why explode? I would think you meant "NOT highlighted."

No Dana, Highlighted is correct.

Because the dynamics are created within a block (Block A), when using the insert command and the dynamic block (A) is inserted into a new drawing the Dynamic block (A) becomes encased within another block (Block B)

In order for the newly inserted block (block A) to inherit its dynamic attributes it has to be exploded upon insertion to the new drawing to avoid being created into (Block B)

Stevie,

Thanks for the input. Have tried this and the Dynamic block worked fine.

Larry C

No Dana, Highlighted is correct.

Because the dynamics are created within a block (Block A), when using the insert command and the dynamic block (A) is inserted into a new drawing the Dynamic block (A) becomes encased within another block (Block B)

In order for the newly inserted block (block A) to inherit its dynamic attributes it has to be exploded upon insertion to the new drawing to avoid being created into (Block B)

OK, I think I see what you are doing, but I almost pulled an all-nighter last night and I am barely conscious. It's a good thing I'm already home. I'll try and figure it out in the morning. :sleeping::surrender: