Is it possible to create this linetype in AutoCad?

Kevin Malone

Hello,

I have trying to create this linetype for couple of days with no success. If anyone can help me it would save me great amount of time. So the line should have dots on both ends, and line segment should be continuous.

http://prntscr.com/6zuv5u

6zv0k2

Thank you

Edited by Kevin Malone

Not sure what you tried to attach, but a linetype will place the dots at intervals, not at endpoints. It could be done with lisp.

Post an image of what you are trying to replicate and attach a copy of your line definition file as it exists so far. Maybe it is possible using the MKSHAPE and MKLTYPE commands.

This requires AutoCAD's Swiss Light text style, but most TrueType fonts should support the Unicode dot.

*DotLine,Dot Line •---------•
S,.01,["\U+2022",Swiss Light,S=.1,R=0,X=-.05,Y=-.0515],1

May get you started, but I still don't think you're going to get what you're asking for from a linetype.

Sorry for late reply, I was abroad. I have edited first post, now you can see what I'm trying to do.

Again, this is how I need my line to look like

. __________________ .

So, it has a dots in the endpoints, constant space between dot and line, and line segment is continuous line. No matter if line is 10, 100 or 1000 units long, it should always have dots in endpoints, and line in between.

I got that from your first message, a linetype will place the dots at intervals, not at endpoints. It could be done with lisp, but not with a linetype. The linetype I posted above is probably as close as you're going to get.

OK. Thank you

LISP doesn't help me much. I already have a module (as part of module package for Surveying), where I can create this type of line, but it doesn't stay that way (as soon as I reopen drawing, copy or move even one line, everything goes back as it was), plus to create it I have to set node in every vertex. All of this was fine when I had a couple parcels (polygons) to work with. But lately it's near 2-3 hundreds, and getting more and more every month. So, switching linetype for all lines would be most simple and elegant solution.

Again, thank all of you for your time. Now, at least I know it's not possible

OK. Thank you

LISP doesn't help me much. I already have a module (as part of module package for Surveying), where I can create this type of line, but it doesn't stay that way (as soon as I reopen drawing, copy or move even one line, everything goes back as it was), plus to create it I have to set node in every vertex. All of this was fine when I had a couple parcels (polygons) to work with. But lately it's near 2-3 hundreds, and getting more and more every month. So, switching linetype for all lines would be most simple and elegant solution.

Again, thank all of you for your time. Now, at least I know it's not possible

As a licensed surveyor (started in 1975) currently using Civil 3D standard pratice is blocks with annotation for monuments or calculated points at corners. What type of software are you using to do this? i've used Eagle Point in the past and have worked with surveyors who used Carlson.