Custom Linetype that incorporates shape

Proctor

Hello: I'm trying to create a line type that basically needs to look just like the pic below (a ladder type pattern).

I was unable to do as just a linetype so thought I would try with the use of a shape file.

therefore; I first create my shape file via -> Express Tools-> Make Shape.

after; I create my linetype via -> Express Tools -> Make Linetype. When doing this part, I specify the shape file.

I think perhaps my problem may be in selecting the start end ending points for the linetype??? (see my other pic with the green circles...these represent approx. for where I clicked for my starting and ending points.

When, I use my new linetype and it comes out like a straight line?????

I'm confused. I thought the start point and end points should represent the pattern.

Any advice is truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Proctor

signboxShape.JPG

signboxLineTypeStartandEndPoints.JPG

Linetypes have a habit of not quite working the way you want sometimes just trimming a fraction can make a difference, I think sometimes its easier to use a lisp to create a pattern, you know it will work everytime. Use GROUP to join them back into just that a group of objects you can trim etc. You can create dynamic patterns as you stretch they add items. This is an example supplied for CIV3d pretty fantastic.

Parking Tools - Metric.dwg

Hi Bigal: thank you very much for your response and also for sending the drawing file for me to see. Unfortunately, I was unable to open it using my version of Cad (2014).

Also, I've heard of lisp but not sure what that is......

I was able to get my linetype to work - somewhat. It now displays the shape very nicely.

The issue I'm having is that when I go to use the linetype, the start and end points are at a distant from my shape (see pic).

I need the start and end points to coincide with where the shape begins and ends.

I used Express tools when creating my linetype and it did ask me for the start and end points.....for these, I selected the starting of my shape and then where the shape ended.

Do you know if this is possible to do?

Here's the code I have thus far:

*SIGNBOX,signbox

A,6.187498,[sIGNBOX,signbox.shx,y=-.000035,s=1,r=90],6.187502

Thank you again for your help,

Proctor

responseForSignboxlt.JPG

Wow eldon 2010 post check up !

Proctor you may need civ3d for some reason the dwg is 2013. Its hard to test as I only have CIV3d but its knows it has MAP, CIV3d & Acad when needed.