add a rendering material to a multiview block

jlsfagan

I have reviewed this site and looked at other site tutorials posted on this forum.

I am not new to AutoCAD, but I am new to rendering with AutoCAD. I normally do most of my renderings with Sketchup and Photoshop. I have found out how to apply materials to different sides of walls pulled from the tool palette. I found that you just need to copy wall style and assign which I did and was successful in changing the wall materials. I tried this with the chair block and sofa block and was unable to make it work. I did find something that tells you how to make a new layer and assign that layer a material. The layer options works, but only for one material per layer. But on the chair I would like to have different materials similar to the wall.

My question is:

How do you add rendering materials to a mutliview block such as a chair or sofa pulled from AutoCAD design palette?

These blocks show in the I-Furn layer.