exending trial or reinstalling after wiping from registry

mvrcad

Hi All

I am unemployed at the moment, but trying to keep up practice by redoing old 3D drawings as practice.

i downloaded and installed the 2016 AutoCAD free trial however that has just run out. I am hoping to re-install the trial so i can add some more drawings to my resume and have a portfolio of examples.

i cant afford the $380 a month fee it costs in Australia because i am unemployed looking or drafting work.

My question is, can i remove all traces of Autocad from my pc and reinstall the trial version once more? or is there another way?

I contacted AutoCAD and they were no help, they just said pay by the month.

i think that's really slack as i have stuck with AutoCAD for 15 years now and convinced many companies to go with Autodesk products

Cheers

Marcus

I suppose if you wiped your system clean and reinstalled your operating system, maybe you could reinstall the trial version again? Maybe? But do you really want to go to all that trouble just for another 30 days of use?

If you're just doing 2D drafting for practice, why don't you take a look at the free Draftsight program? It's almost identical to Autocad LT and it won't cost you a dime.

http://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight-cad-software/free-download/

As a forum member since 2009, how can you not understand that nobody on the forum is going to help you do this? :|

Sorry you are out of work.

It sounds like you need one of the free Autocad LT clones, about which I know nothing.

Or sign up for some classes and get a free 3 year student license perhaps.

Edited by Dadgad

I am not aware of a free AutoCAD-clone that includes 3D capability.

Why you would expect AutoDesk to help you circumvent the 30-day trial limitation is a bit puzzling to say the least.

To install it again I think you would have to wipe your entire hard drive.

Even wiping is not going to do it. The first thing the program does upon install is verify itself on their database for that particular serial number. Boing, it bounces to ALREADY USED UP. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

As a forum member since 2009, how can you not understand that nobody on the forum is going to help you do this? :|

What he said ^

Forget about Draftsight, which I mentioned previously. I just re-read your post and noticed you are "redoing old 3D drawings". The free version of Draftsight doesn't have 3D capability. You will need to either fork over the money to Autodesk or purchase an Autocad clone like BricsCad.

thanks Guys

I actually got some helpful advice from an Auto desk employee about how to circumvent their 30 day trial.

They realise that i am a long time user of AutoCAD from the Autodesk forums, am not using it for paid professional services.

Anyway i appreciate your remarks and valuable comments as always.

I sincerely hope none of you find yourself out of work for a few months hoping to practice CAD, its bloody expensive for someone unemployed at the end of a mining boom