Keep objects active after command

Hi,

I have a question that might be quite simple to solve - or impossible. As an architect, I have to move and rotate objects here an there and back again to see how they fit.

Say, I have a table with chairs and I'm trying to place them in a pleasing way. So, I move them here and there. Problem is, everytime I want to move them, I have to select all of them again and again. Is there a possibility of keeping them select after a command, till I press ESC?

Thx, Ralph

Now that does the trick! I remember now having already read that answer. Sorry for bothering the forum a 2nd time! Anyhow: Big help! Thx!

Happy I could be of assistance.:)

I don't use MOCORO myself, but I am guessing that is going to work well for you.

I do use GROUP sometime though.

Edited by Dadgad

You can also use grips to make multiple modifications. Making them a group would allow you to select them all with a single pick may be an even better option.

You can pick objects and hang onto to them and do lots of stuff by using lisp and ssget and using normal Autocad commands, respond with the lisp variable for the selection set. This is easy to type direct dont save as a lisp or save as autoloaded defun.

(setq myss (ssget)) I just typed it direct its so short, go away now and do some stuff. Ok type this Move !myss you will see your objects highlighted press enter and move them go away and do some other things pick objects these will become last selection set, but your myss is still remembered. Do as many as you want but you need a new name each time (setq ss1 (ssget)) (setq ss2 etc To release them use (setq ss1 nil)

An interesting bit more you can rearrange individual objects of this selection set but the group is still all the objects you have picked, even erase one.