JOIN command in earlier CAD

I recently switched from Autocad Architecture 2015 to Autocad LT 2011 due to a new job.

I am not sure if this is a setting or something that didn't come out till later versions but, my question is as follows..

When I have multiple connected lines selected and use the command JOIN, rather than just joining all the lines, it prompts me to choose source line, and then lines to join, making it a multi step/click process, rather than in 2015 where it just joins the lines that it can, when you type in the command JOIN. one simple step. Any advice or reason as to why? maybe it's a setting? im not sure.

Not that this helps, but in 2013LT the join command works directly from a multiple selection. Looking back in the help files for 2011 it does look as though you needed then to select the source first, before picking other objects, sorry. Going from full Autocad to LT is going to be a difficult adjustment, good luck.

When you have picked the source line, instead of clicking on each individual line when prompted to select objects, type "all" in the command line. All entities in the drawing will be selected, but only those which are touching end to end will be used.

Not that this helps, but in 2013LT the join command works directly from a multiple selection. Looking back in the help files for 2011 it does look as though you needed then to select the source first, before picking other objects, sorry. Going from full Autocad to LT is going to be a difficult adjustment, good luck.

Ah ha! this is exactly it. Luckily, I found that we actually have 2012 installed but it was acting funky the first day so I switched to the LT. But the bug is fixed (whatever it was) and I am using the full version again. It's amazing what a difference those little things make when you're drawing all day. Also, another annoying thing I found with LT is the complexity of GROUP command. In the full version it's a simple one step process.

Thanks for all the advice people!

Ah ha! this is exactly it. Luckily, I found that we actually have 2012 installed but it was acting funky the first day so I switched to the LT. But the bug is fixed (whatever it was) and I am using the full version again. It's amazing what a difference those little things make when you're drawing all day. Also, another annoying thing I found with LT is the complexity of GROUP command. In the full version it's a simple one step process.

Thanks for all the advice people!

You must feel like you died, and went to Heaven! :beer:

Not sure if you need or use it, but 2012 will have first generation Viewbase functionality onboard.