Sugestion to do the sheet metal

pipemasters

Hi,

I need a sugestion to do this sheet metal preparation.

There is a pipe ND 500mm (like a manifold), that will ou curve what i need is just the intersection between the 500mm and 200mm pipes. I need to respect the vertical dimensions.

What is the best way?

regards

João Areias

Sem Título.jpg

Before going any further could you make up your mind for us? Your profile says AutoCAD 2014 but you have posted in both the Inventor and Solidworks forums. What program are you actually using?

Before going any further could you make up your mind for us? Your profile says AutoCAD 2014 but you have posted in both the Inventor and Solidworks forums. What program are you actually using?

Hello,

The company that i work, had the autocad, but now brought the solidworks 2015 . And i have some knowleges about inventor.

I had a 50 hours of solidworks education, but everything is new and i have very difficulties yet.

So your answer is Solidworks then. Thank you.

Exactly, but the solidworks in not instaled in my PC already and i have the inventor instaled.

Anyway, i tried to do that work and i made it.

But, appears a "problem". How can i measure the curve in every places?

i need to obtain the annotation of very parts of the trim curve to make the preparation work for pipefitters.

Look to the jpeg data attached, i need annotation vertical and horizontal to mark on the curve to cut the intersection between the curve and pipe.

Any idea? I try with planes, but of course that is another way to do this.

Kind regards

Part3 melhorada.ipt

Part3.jpg

You really know how to mess with our minds. Now we're back to Inventor is it?

Yes, because i dont have time to instal the solidworks right now. And with my personal PC, i'm working with inventor.

If you have idea how to do something like i describe, i'll will be very gratefull.

best regards

I'm sorry but I have no experience with Inventor.

Perhaps a mod can move this thread to the Inventor forum seeing how that's the program you are using.

I'm sorry but I have no experience with Inventor.

Perhaps a mod can move this thread to the Inventor forum seeing how that's the program you are using.

Ok. Thanks anyway.

I tried to do with planes but is very slow. Of course have another way to do something like that.

i'll wait for our member frienks answer.

thanks, best regards

Any help to do the annotation?

various annotations on the cut curve, like 85mm in a horizontal row, and annotate the measures horizontal and vertical of the intersection between the curve and pipe