Penn-Foster -HVAC plate 1 Question.

Hondatek

This has to be a typo. I will post the screen shot then feel free to leave comments. I will be E-mailing Penn-Foster shortly. Thank you guy for the help.

here is screen shot #1 window S is 6 foot long correct?

windowS.jpg

As you can see from the center line top of bathroom 1 wall to bottom center line wall it's only 5'-5".

BATHROOM1.jpg

Correcting to 1st post. It's 6' wide not long

It certainly looks like an error. :|

I wish I could say I was SURPRISED, but I'm not.

Perhaps if the installer has a REALLY BIG hammer, he can get it to fit.

Edited by Dadgad

DADGAD, that's what the instruction read that's what im going to put. what do you think? we can get a good Mexican to mod that window ha ha :D

Oh l've read the forums and nothing on here about plate 1 a few pics with a correct looking window but that's it.

DADGAD, that's what the instruction read that's what im going to put. what do you think? we can get a good Mexican to mod that window ha ha :D

In a case like that I might write what they say they want, then put a BIG footnote indicating quite clearly that there appears to be an OBVIOUS error in the information given. I would also suggest that the erroneous information be corrected, to facilitate the efforts of future users.

Edited by Dadgad

The drawing from the school. Comments please.

I checked the drawing I have access to and the center-to-center wall dimension is 5'-5" therefore a 6'-0" wide window would be out of the question. The student who's drawing I have substituted a 2'-0" wide window.

P-F is notorious for having project descriptions that contain erroneous information. I've brought some of these errors to their attention. A few have been corrected while others have not. I have no idea why. Poor quality control is my guess.

Remark I have another one for you. let me post it. OK i have circles the doors on this picture. NO where on the list on post #1 does it state the opening on the door leading to the master bedroom. bed room 1 excise me.

room1 door.jpg

look at windows left side of post one. A is a 8' windows and the last one "S" they are calling that Bedroom #1 window is 6' wide. Not the Bathroom where they have it marked as "S" in the drawing.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just getting back from a family emergency on the East Coast. I emailed Penn Foster about the Typo. The correct window size is 3'6". for window S. And both plumbing walls are 6" thick. They got their bathroom numbers confused if I remember right. I'm just getting started on this module. Glad to hear you did well Hondatek!