Intersect does not work

cad_user86

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a personal project, just to figure out Autocad 3D a bit (I'm following 3D lessons this years, but already experimenting on my own a bit)

I already came up with a problem concerning the Intersect-option.

It just won't do it.

Can someone please help me with this?

I uploaded the file, all the floorlevels need to intersect with the "spline-shaped solid" ;)

grts

Cad_user86

toren recht twist.dwg

Yes, exactly.

As you can see in the DWg-file, There are 2 more layers, that when turned on, the will form al building all together.

ReMark, Ca you tell me what I dit wrong?

Thx

Cad_user86

I did not look at what was on the other layers.

Can't tell you what you might have done wrong. Did you get an error message? Did you uncheck the box for "Delete interference objects....?"

Yes, exactly.

As you can see in the DWg-file, There are 2 more layers, that when turned on, the will form al building all together.

ReMark, Ca you tell me what I dit wrong?

Thx

Cad_user86

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

The problem is not that INTERSECT doesn't work, but rather that you seem to misunderstand what it does.

INTERSECT & INTERFERE are pretty much the same command, just used in two different ways.

INTERFERE is used to detect what are typically modeling problems (where more than one 3D solid occupies the same space, where there will be a CLASH onsite), so that they may be identified early in the design process and addressed before fabrication of structural elements.

INTERFERE is used in the opposite way, it seeks to define a new 3D Volume, which is exactly the same as the INTERFERENCE object generated by INTERFERE, and to get rid of everything else. So the only real difference between them is the perception, meaning in each of them the goals are reversed. That which is undesirable in one instance is that which is desired in the other command.

You should know, as an absolutely bare minimum, about the UNION and SUBTRACT modeling commands too.

PRESSPULL is another important one.

http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/learning-autocad-3d.php

While I commend your desire to jump into the deep end of the 3D Modeling pool, this is an overly ambitious shape to try so early on in your 3D Modeling study.

Learn the commands first, on something a bit more mundane, and I suspect you will advance much more smoothly. :)

Edited by Dadgad