Command drop down missing!

Hi, beginners question!:

The auto-completing drop down has disappeared when I enter commands in Autocad 2015 - I still have the command line at the base of the window, but this seems slower than the drop down that was appearing next to my cursor when entering commands. Have had a hunt around for options but to no avail!

Any ideas? Thank you!

I still have the command line at the base of the window, but this seems slower than the drop down that was appearing next to my cursor when entering commands.

I read this too quickly the first time. I think that is a new feature for 2015, which I don't have.

Hi, beginners question!:

The auto-completing drop down has disappeared when I enter commands in Autocad 2015 - I still have the command line at the base of the window, but this seems slower than the drop down that was appearing next to my cursor when entering commands. Have had a hunt around for options but to no avail!

Any ideas? Thank you!

Somehow dynamic input has been turned off (set to 0). Check DYNMODE. Dynamic input has to be on (1, 2, or 3) for the list to display by the cursor. Otherwise it pops up over the command line. AutoDesk figures if you don't want dynamic input showing by the cursor, you don't want anything there. Some hate it, some love it.

As per Dana's post, here is a screenshot taken from the SYSVDLG command display box, which explains the various settings available for the many different system variables in the software.

For those who enjoy using Dynamic Input, there are quite a few ways it can be customized, as per the screenshot about Drafting Settings.

dynomode sysv.jpg

dynamic input status bar icon.JPG

tweaking your dynamic input.jpg

So not a new feature. I thought it was DYNMODE. Tried it and didn't get what the OP was looking for. Didn't think to check the options for it. I've been wanting to try utilizing dynamic input again. Today, is a good day for that.

My apologies. I did a stupid thing I didn't read the replies and see that ya'll answered the question.