Set text size relative to screen

Which screen? Modelspace, paperspace, or viewport. Those are the only choices, but the answer is yes. Set up an annotative text style, at the height you want it to appear on whichever view (screen) you wish, turn on Automatic Annotative scale adding, then no matter which of the above three you view the text in, it will appear the same size relative to the current view scale. The text will also print at the very same size. Annotative text will scale itself to the correct height based on the scale of the current view.

However, in modelspace the text height will show at whatever annotative view scale you pick for it. (Not the same as scaling in modelspace.) This means, if you created the text to appear at 1/8" high in your viewports, (paper) and you set your modelspace annotative view scale to 1:1, your text will be actually 1/8" tall in modelspace.

I took screen to mean the OPs monitor.
Yep, me too. After all, that would be the one they'ed be viewing the text with. But, if that were all there was to it, the answer would be "Zoom Wheel".

This is a case of a poorly worded question. I think the question reads as the OP wanting text on the "screen" to adjust as he is zooming, i.e. text that is x number of pixels on the "screen" will stay x pixels no matter the zoom level.

I cannot see anything but a mess being created out of that, so you probably are answering what he really is trying to ask.

The world may never know...

Possible with Autocad Map3d using Data Connect and labels, but yes it can be a mess if you don't know the math. ;)

The world may never know...
Maybe the OP can't check in from home. We could find out more Monday. If doable, I have a co-worker who deserves a prank that would make his text stay the same screen size no matter what the zoom level is. Maybe there is a way to lock it to a certain physical pixel count or just have it not scale with zooming, like modelspace lineweight display is, via lisp.

Possible with Autocad Map3d using Data Connect and labels, but yes it can be a mess if you don't know the math. ;)

I came here to say this^^^^, but of course the Murph was already on the ball with it.. :-)

I came here to say this^^^^, but of course the Murph was already on the ball with it.. :-)

No football or NASCAR on TV so had to surf the forums. :)

• 1 year later...