blocks and enhanced attributes text

GISdude

Block attributes and enhanced attribute text. I have a drawing(s) that have blocks with attributes. I need to change the colors of the text to white. I’m trying to do this in block editor, but I CAN’T change the text. When you double click the text, the Enhanced Attribute Editor will show up, but there’s about 130 of these blocks in the drawing.

How do you globally changed the attribute text globally? I CAN’T use BATTMAN.

Thanks for any help,

The "text" is a nested block but the when the parent block is double clicked, you get the attribute editor? Something doesn't sound right. Having the block would help tremendously.

It is text "nested". But I'm trying to recreate the block, but the procedure I'm doing maybe wrong.

Steps to create block:1. Create "attdef" with the tag

2. create the linework (ie, the actual shape of the block)

3. select both linework and the attdef

4. name the new block

This procedure is giving me the same head ache.

Thanks for any help

61_0_ANSI.dwg

I think recreating it is the way to go. I'm assuming that the one you posted is the old one that you are trying to fix.

It should be very easy to make that block. What is the problem that you are having in recreating it?

When I try to re-create the block, this procedure I've described is making attribute definitions - this is not helping. I keep googling making blocks, but...it's killing me...aaaahh.

When I try to re-create the block, this procedure I've described is making attribute definitions

Of course it is, that is what you are telling it to do.

Take two steps back and think.

What do you want out of the block?

It's starting to sound like you need some good 101 for blocks.

OK, I have created a brand new block (with attributes) and would like to REPLACE the bad (nested block), however, when I insert new block, the SIZE of the new block is really small, like 1/10 the size of the drawing. So, I have 128 new blocks, but super small.

Many thx,

Since there is an attribute, I'm assuming that it has been given a value different from the default in at least some of the instances of that block. If not, then it is as easy as using "replace block" in express tools. Otherwise, you will have to replace it and replace the values of the attribute.