Is there a system variable to control the display of polyline widths?

vernonlee

You're welcome, I don't know how you use you're macro's, personally I like to have them in various toolpallete tabs, so you can get at them quickly, and I have a few of this sort of macro setup just for toggling variables on/off.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vernonlee

• marmo

• steven-g

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're welcome, I don't know how you use you're macro's, personally I like to have them in various toolpallete tabs, so you can get at them quickly, and I have a few of this sort of macro setup just for toggling variables on/off.

I do them by icon.

I can apply this code to other variables as well?

^C^C^C$M=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,[b]fillmode),1[/b]),setvar;[b]fillmode;0[/b],setvar;[b]fillmode;1[/b]);rea;

I just replace other variables with the one highlighted in Bold right?

I would hesitate to say yes for everything, but in theory yes, all it does is check if the existing value =1, and if it does it changes it to =0, and if it doesn't =1 then it sets it to=1 (but it will change any value that is not =1), so it's best suited to variables that only have those two options.

I would hesitate to say yes for everything, but in theory yes, all it does is check if the existing value =1, and if it does it changes it to =0, and if it doesn't =1 then it sets it to=1 (but it will change any value that is not =1), so it's best suited to variables that only have those two options.

Understood. That should be sufficient for my level.

Is there a system variable to control the display of polyline widths?

Due to my work, there is a bunch of existing polylines with different widths that i need to adjust (but not the width) so I need to toggle them on/off visually.

If no, is there is a roundabout way?

Thanks

I use width for pavement striping and lineweights for everything else. Button on the status bar toggles the lineweight display off/on.

Edited by tombu
added display

I use width for pavement striping and lineweights for everything else. Button on the status bar toggles the lineweight display off/on.

This command don't works with pline with width > 0.

+1 Marmo - I like that thinking outside of the box,

BlackBox - sometimes I wish I had access to LISP the possibilities seem endless, and to be honest this is one of the first pieces of code that I can actually understand, it looks logical to someone who has never looked into the syntax of the language.

vernonlee - I have no choice but to use scripts and macro's, here is a slight adaptation that will just toggle the fillmode on/off

^C^C^C$M=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,fillmode),1),setvar;fillmode;0,setvar;fillmode;1);rea;

Thanks Steven!