Trouble Inserting Xref between different users

jagallag

Hello,

I've been working in Autocad civil 3d 2014 and on my computer all the files xref in at the same location where its file a, b c, etc., everything lines up with our survey. Now when my co-worker tries to xref the same files into the same location they come in at a completely different location. I've run an audit and a purge on the drawings, base is set to 0,0,0; ins-units are all set to 2, insbase is at 0,0,0.

First time posting so i don't know if there is any other info that you might need to help, so just let me know.

thanks,

Jamie

This is what my coworkers comand bar says when inserting the xref:

Specify insertion point or [scale/X/Y/Z/Rotate/PScale/PX/PY/PZ/PRotate/Geographic]:0,0 Enter X scale factor, specify opposite corner, or [Corner/XYZ] : 1 Enter Y scale factor : 1 Specify rotation angle : 0

Command: ucs

Current ucs name: *WORLD*

Specify origin of UCS or [Face/NAmed/OBject/Previous/View/World/X/Y/Z/ZAxis] : p

Command: -layer

Current layer: "C-XREF-OBJT"

Enter an option [?/Make/Set/New/Rename/ON/OFF/Color/Ltype/LWeight/TRansparency/MATerial/Plot/PStyle/Freeze/Thaw/LOck/Unlock/stAte/Description/rEconcile]: set

Enter layer name to make current or

Command:

Drawing is overlayed at 0,0.

Command: Z ZOOM

Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or

[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] : E Regenerating model.

Command: *Cancel*

I don't use civil 3d, but in auto cad more then 10 years ago I remember useing "snap base" command. Since u have checked all obvious command, may be try this.

Welcome to CADTutor.

It sounds like your coworker needs to adjust their Civil 3D drawing settings - you've already accounted for base point, insertion units, etc, now go to Toolspace, Settings tab, right click the active drawing's name, and edit settings, specifically pay attention to the units shown there, and the coordinate system (often still set to international survey feet in lieu of US survey feet).

Confirm that your drawing, and your coworker's drawings have the same Civil 3D drawing settings, and then be sure to edit your drawing template(s) in kind.

Cheers

Quick question if I was to copy something from a drawing that was done with everything set up for New Mexico into a file that was set up for Texas could that cause the problems im seeing.

Quick question if I was to copy something from a drawing that was done with everything set up for New Mexico into a file that was set up for Texas could that cause the problems im seeing.

Yes, that is a possibility - hence the earlier suggestion for your to check Civil 3D Drawing Settings; see drawing units, imperial/metric conversion, and zone (aka coordinate system). :thumbsup:

Yes, that is a possibility - hence the earlier suggestion for your to check Civil 3D Drawing Settings; see drawing units, imperial/metric conversion, and zone (aka coordinate system). :thumbsup:

today I learned the importance between "Texas North Central Zone" and "Texas Central Zone"

today I learned the importance between "Texas North Central Zone" and "Texas Central Zone"

Glad you got it sorted, jagallag. :beer:

Separately, the captivating Mrs. BlackBox and I are anxious to move, and already looking for houses in Houston, TX; so I'll hopefully be sharing your learning experience (albeit for East Texas) shortly.

Cheers