"Selection" Feature

MAINEman5390

Can't get rid of the "selection" feature. For example, when I click on a solid 3D object or a mesh or anything in model space it gives me the option of "3D Solid, 3D Solid, Polyline, Circle, etc." It's just creating a level of redundancy that I don't need. I'm sure it's some system variable I'm overlooking. It's beneficial sometimes but other times it's just annoying. Thanks for the help!

You are talking about your QUICK PROPERTIES palette, which you can cycle on or off with the QPMODE variable, or by clicking on the icon which you can find in your status bar, or also by simultaneously entering Ctrl+Shift+P.

While I understand they are not for everybody, I am a big fan of them, because they are so wonderfully configurable. If you right click on the side of the palette and select CUSTOMIZE, it takes you to the cui, where you can customize which attributes you want to display for any particular type of object. You can also set it to self collapse to a very small size, unless moused over. You can also choose if the display should be parked (static), or cursor proximitized.

I hate using the regular PROPERTIES, because there is so much information there, through which I am forced to wade, in search of specific information which I would typically expect to need for any particular object type. You can also set it so that it only opens, when specific types of objects, for which you have specified attributes to display, are selected, and it ignores all other non-customized selections. It only displays exactly what you have told it to display, once you configure it, and it makes it quite effortless to access and edit RELEVANT properties on the fly. :|

QPMODE sysvar.JPG

QP icon on status bar.JPG

customize QP in cui.jpg

qp sample loft.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

Thanks for the lesson Dadgad. I turned off quick properties a long time ago and forgot about it. Now that I see I can fully customize it, I'm giving it another go and I kind of like it. I have it set to static so it opens in the upper left corner of my screen, instead of next to the cursor, and I have it customized to only show the things I typically need quick access to. :)

Thanks for the lesson Dadgad. I turned off quick properties a long time ago and forgot about it. Now that I see I can fully customize it, I'm giving it another go and I kind of like it. I have it set to static so it opens in the upper left corner of my screen, instead of next to the cursor, and I have it customized to only show the things I typically need quick access to. :)

I would be lost without them, as I do all my editing there, on the fly. :beer:

I have also configured all of my ROLLOVER TOOLTIP values too, to access specific information from objects without even selecting them, just by mousing over them.

configuring Rollover Tooltips.jpg

Can't get rid of the "selection" feature. For example, when I click on a solid 3D object or a mesh or anything in model space it gives me the option of "3D Solid, 3D Solid, Polyline, Circle, etc." It's just creating a level of redundancy that I don't need. I'm sure it's some system variable I'm overlooking. It's beneficial sometimes but other times it's just annoying. Thanks for the help!
SELECTIONCYCLING = 0 turns it off completely. SELECTIONCYCING = 1 shows a badge. SELECTIONCYCLING = 2 shows the selection list of overlapping objects.

There's also a toggle switch available on the task bar (right click task bar, check or uncheck), which changes the value from 0 to 2 or back again. It's a greenish looking icon.