Civil 3D - LAYUNISO Command Issues

MillerMG

Hello All,

Does anyone else have an issue with the command LAYUNISO? Every now and then when using this helpful command after using LAYISO it says that "Layers isolate by LAYISO command have been restored" but that is not always the case. Sometimes the layers are not restored and are left in a frozen state. To get the layers back on a LAYTHW or an UNDO is neccessary to get them back. This is counter productive because this adds extra work. Any layers previously frozen are turned back on or if you use the UNDO you have to redo the work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Miller

I have had that problem a few times in Autocad 2013 vanilla, and yes it is pretty annoying when it happens.

I haven't really figured out WHY it happens, but wish that it didn't do it, even occasionally, as I love using LAYISO. :|

For me UNDO is not an option, I will just use the Lighning Bolt if I need to THAW ALL, or if they are set to lock in LAYISO, then unlock them all at once as shown in the layer manager screenshot.

layuniso error workaround.JPG

bolt thaw macro.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

• 2 weeks later...

Dadgad,

I must say that yet again, I am very thankful for your post and insight into this matter. I knew that I would get a direct fix answer but another option. You have enlightened me! Much thanks!

Miller

I've had that happen in 2015 LT too, and I don't know why either. I usually just open the layer manager and shift/select bunches of layers at a time till I get the right ones back on, but I don't normally have more than a screen full of layers to deal with.

Dadgad,

I must say that yet again, I am very thankful for your post and insight into this matter. I knew that I would get a direct fix answer but another option. You have enlightened me! Much thanks!

Miller

You're very welcome, glad I could help. :beer:

• 1 month later...

This is just an update to something I tried out. I set up some quick commands for LAYISO. CTRL + Right-Click Runs LAYISO and CTRL + SHIFT + Right-Click Runs LAYUNISO and I have not had it mess up even once so far over the past few weeks that I use it. Obviously I know that others already have commands set up on those keys. Just wanted to share.