Limit snap point AMOUNTS for detection not TYPE?

willb

My 3D blocks each have potentially more than 50 possible end snap points and some have up to 20 centre snap points. Now if there are 20 of such blocks clustered, launching any command and hovering the cursor over these results in a MASSIVE slow down as AutoCAD seemingly tries to detect a limitless amount of snap points to make available.

Does AutoCAD have a system variable to limit the maximum amount of detected snap points?

The only solution I have found to that is to keep as few snaps turned on as possible, especially Nodes, and to zoom in much closer. I keep my zoomfactor set to 60 so I can get in and out fast. Then again, zooming a lot leads to sometimes having to esc a command simply because the danged vid card ran out of brains and I can't zoom again without a regen. I usually don't deal with a lot of curvy wurvy stuff so my quadrant, tangent, and other circle/arc snaps are usually off. I try to get by with only END, MID, and PERP turned on. With the snap settings pop-up menus on the task bar in 2015 now, the snaps are easy to access and can be changed mid command.